Don't forget to check your smoke alarms.

khitajrah

Best to install new firealarms that are connected to the power supply instead of having to check the batteries.

All Council houses in shetland should have these installed, and also if you are in rented accommodation, i'm pretty sure its the law to have these system in place in any rented accommodation.

Best to install new firealarms that are connected to the power supply instead of having to check the batteries.

All Council houses in shetland should have these installed, and also if you are in rented accommodation, i'm pretty sure its the law to have these system in place in any rented accommodation.

just read this after I wrote my last post, some mains ones still rely on batteries in a power failure (mind fire might be at power supply and cause failure)

Last rented accomodation I was in, in Oct 07 had a scabby battery only detector

• 3 weeks later...

I once made myself some potato croquettes at school in my home ec class. When I came back home, I put the croquettes on a plate and put them in the microwave for 30 mins :shock: and I felt a bit fainted whilst it was still cooking, then I noticed there was smoke in the kitchen!! For some reason the fire alarm didn't go off ( :x THAT DARN SMOKE ALARM!) I ran out of the living room and shouted "the kitchen is full of smoke" I heard my mother gasping in the bedroom and I also heard my father getting up his office chair, including him groaning! Him and me walked to kitchen and we started to choke on the smoke surronding us.

He opened the window in the kitchen and I opened the window in the living room, when he opened the microwave door and stopped the timer, the smoke went into our faces and we saw that the croquettes were black and rock hard. We went outside to the garden and he set the plate on the stone wall and took a potato croquette and broke it in half, it was black inside too like a burnt biscuit.

Now I know I shouldn't put things in the microwave too long :roll: :oops: