Orkney - Arriving at night?

Romeo

I may need to go to Orkney, quick visit, in on the ferry back to Shetland on the next.

I know the boat arrives middle of the night, what do folk normally do, can you get accomodation or at least somewhere to crash until morning? What about coming back, do folk just stay in the pub until the boat gets in?!

Cheers

:-)

The boat arrives somewhere about 11.30 at night. Not sure i'd like to arrive with no accomodation booked, but if you have somewhere booked, all the Hotels and B&B's are pretty well geared up for guests arrivng at midnight.

before leaving, it does mean a lot of hanging around, but you could always go to the cinema if the thought of sitting in the pub all night is just too hard to bear! :)

Guest posiedon
Muppet

before leaving, it does mean a lot of hanging around, but you could always go to the cinema

That's what me and the wife did, it was a Sunday night and there was me her and one other person in there. :lol:

went away for a night last year and found a great place to stay. Just google orkney bedsits and you will find it. Centrall location in kirwall, right behind lidls! The lady who owned it picked us up from the boat and took us there showed us around and that was 11 oclock at night. we got to keep the apartment till we left the next night for the boat. Just had to post the keys back through the letter box for the landlady. It was perfect and only 35 quid!