Wrestling!

JAStewart

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogan was/is/am terrible. I have plenty of old WWF VHS's and the wrestling was just sub-standard. WWF was at its peak with Austin, Rock, The Hardy's, Mankind etc. Table-ladder-chair matches were brilliant.

The old wrestling was boring

The new wrestling is lame

The 'Attitude' Era reigns supreme!

Attitude was great because you had great workers with great storylines which kept you on the edge of your seat. WCW really brought out the best in Vinnie Mac and his creative dept.

Saying that it went down hill with Batista, Orton, Lesnar, etc. just isn't true. Orton is a phenomenal worker who (if he can stay in people's good books) has afantastically bright future. Lesnar was poor on the stick true, but he made up for that (by the end of '02) with solid ring work and he had Paul E. on the stick in his corner, which is always a winner. Batista will never be voted "Wrestler of the year" in any category, but he is solid and competent nowadays.

The Undertaker was always around then, and although his "American Bad-ass" gimmick was reaching the end of it's shelf life, he has always been good in the ring.

I must admit I think that the hottest time in wrestling was 1996 as the nWo angle was kicking off. That was ace!

Hogan is terrible and always has been (good stick skills do not a great wrestler make) Austin is the hottest period talent ever (Ric Flair is the greatest of all time... end of.)

What do people think is the greatest match of all time?

^ Orton is a complete tw@. Him and Cena are the two worst things in the WWE; people like them completely ruined it. Completely.

Best match ever? There are plenty.

Mankind vs Undertaker: King of the Ring 1998

Austin vs Shawn Michaels: Wrestlemania 14

Edge and Christian vs The Hardy Boyz in a Ladder match: No Mercy 1999

Royal Rumble 1998-2001

Infact, any match with the Hardy's involving Ladders or Tables was awesome.

^ Orton is a complete tw@. Him and Cena are the two worst things in the WWE; people like them completely ruined it. Completely.

Best match ever? There are plenty.

Mankind vs Undertaker: King of the Ring 1998

Austin vs Shawn Michaels: Wrestlemania 14

Edge and Christian vs The Hardy Boyz in a Table, Ladders and Chairs match: No Mercy 1999

Royal Rumble 1998-2001

Infact, any match with the Hardy's involving Ladders or Tables was awesome.

Orton is a tw@t. I agree, but he is still an excellent worker. Cena is defers cr@p. But he is good for business as he is controversial, he gets people talking, and thus watching. All the matches you have just stated are all WWF/E matches, and none are candidates for best match ever!!!!!

Just because a match is a high-spot fest, doesn't mean that it is an excellent match.

Rumble '99 was good but not even the best Rumble ever, that would be Rumble '07.

For me the best match ever is either Ric Flair v Ricky Steamboat at WrestleWar 1989 or HBK v Kurt Agle at 'Mania 21

You may know how wrestling works JAStewart, but you still watch like a mark! :lol:

Also, you can't live in wrestling's past and hope that wrestling stays the same forever, that just can't happen, things have to evolve.

I'm always entertained by high flying matches. Any match involving a chant of "Holy sh-t! Holy sh-t!" usually symbolises something awesome happening.

Actually one of the best matches ever was Edge VS Angle in a hair match (Judgement Day 2002).

Rumble 07 was in no way the best. 1998 was, for sure. 2000 wasn't bad. I liked the arena setting.

Ric Flair is a Wrestler whom I have never liked, in anyway. I hate Triple H, but I love to hate him. Ric Flair just doesn't impress me at all, although his match with HBK at 'Mania 24 was good.

Lesner vs Goldberg at 'Mania 20 was hilarious because it was so crap that they just made Austin stun both. Made me laugh.

You may know how wrestling works JAStewart, but you still watch like a mark! Laughing

Puh-lease.. Just because one doesn't like old-boring wrestling match's doesn't make one a mark. The attitude brought out the best in WWF, and I can only hope it can turn as good again. Until Orton retires, that won't happen.

I'm always entertained by high flying matches. Any match involving a chant of "Holy sh-t! Holy sh-t!" usually symbolises something awesome happening.

Actually one of the best matches ever was Edge VS Angle in a hair match (Judgement Day 2002).

Rumble 07 was in no way the best. 1998 was, for sure. 2000 wasn't bad. I liked the arena setting.

Ric Flair is a Wrestler whom I have never liked, in anyway. I hate Triple H, but I love to hate him. Ric Flair just doesn't impress me at all, although his match with HBK at 'Mania 24 was good.

Lesner vs Goldberg at 'Mania 20 was hilarious because it was so crap that they just made Austin stun both. Made me laugh.

You may know how wrestling works JAStewart, but you still watch like a mark! Laughing

Puh-lease.. Just because one doesn't like old-boring wrestling match's doesn't make one a mark. The attitude brought out the best in WWF, and I can only hope it can turn as good again. Until Orton retires, that won't happen.

Absolutely. Flair v HBK was Flair's best match in a decade. HBK is making a habit out of carrying useless wrestlers to great matches.

Why do you hate Orton so much? He is a fantastic worker with great mic skills! He has a red-hot heel persona that has some real mileage in it.

Goldberg v Lesnar was intentionally booked as a cr@p match because WWE knew both were leaving so they booked them a dire match. (They even planted Shane O' Mac front row to chant "You Sold Out")

The '07 Rumble slowly boiled to an awesome HBK v Taker peak!! It was awesome. The '98 Rumble was poorly booked and tiresome.

Angle v Edge was good, but not the best ever!!

You need to go and watch Ric Flair's matches from the 1980s and you'll see why he is so good. Wooooooooooo!

And why do you hate HHH?! He is a consistent worker and in 2000 was easily the best worker on the planet!!!!

I've seen plenty of Ric Bore. Its just boring wrestling.

And why do you hate HHH?! He is a consistent worker and in 2000 was easily the best worker on the planet!!!!

Because he always won. Always. Well nearly always. So boring, so predictable. Any match with him in it from 2000-∞ at a PPV he'd practically always win, using his stupid sledgehammer or something. Cheated his way through everything and was just a complete disappointment. But then I loved to hate him.

How pleased was I at the 2008 Armageddon when Jeff Hardy got the title. So awesome.

Orton? He's just lame. No character about him apart from a smug idiot - a character he can't seem to shake. Even the most basic Wrestlers like Austin had character shifts. Orton is boring.

I would argue the hair match between Angle and Edge was one of the best; the quantity of 'finishers' and kickouts were both surprising and amazing.

The '98 Rumble was poorly booked and tiresome.

No way. Three entries by Foley coupled with Austin's entry and it coming down to Austin VS Rock - sparking one of the greatest rivalries in wrestling history.

The early buyrate estimates are in for the 2008 Survivor Series pay-per-view, which featured the heavily hyped return of John Cena. As it turns out, Cena's return to the ring ended up drawing the lowest domestic figure in Survivor Series history with a grand total of 205,000 buys in North America.

Downfall of the company, I'm blaming Cena, not the credit crunch.

In recent years sure Ric has been boring but that is because he is old now, but in his hey-day he WAS the man! His match vs. HBK at Mania was just a hint at his former glory.

Sure HHH won a bit too often. But he was the best wrestler around and deserved to be at the top then.

Jeff winning the title was awesome, indeed! :D

Orton's character isn't lame! It's a mega-smug, mega-heel! What do you think the Rock was in early '99?

I agree, Edge v Angle at JD 2002 was great, but not as great as you are making out.

Rumble '98's finish was sure good, but the rest was poor.

Disagree on Cena being the reason for the rubbish PPV buy-rate. Look at Rumble 2008! As soon as word got out that Cena had returned, the buy-rate skyrocketed! Trust me, I'm not a Cena fan, but he is good for business.

(**SELF-EDITED**)