Wrestling!

JAStewart

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, but Blackman and Show weren't the calibre of worker that Angle or Orton are. That's why this match'll rock. The matches against Blackman & Show and remember for one high spot each. The rest of the matches were dirdge.

Whereas, Angle carried Shane to a fantastic match @ KOTR 2001, which had great technique and high spots, and hopefully Orton will pull Shane to a similarly great match this year @ NWO.

Also, as already asked, out of Shane and Orton: Who is face and heel?

I KNOW!!!! I miss Stacy so much!!!! Please come back!!!!!!

WWE doesn't seem to have any MASSIVE mtches left for WM 25. Cena/ Orton and Cena/ Batista and Batista/ Orton and HHH/ Edge have already all hppened within the year. HHH/ Taker hasn't happened for almost 7 years though! No, that's a lie, they fought on SD! in late '08.

Well, What about Cena/ 'Taker? Booked and marketed correctly, that match could be massive!

They can just get Austin to ref a match and stun both the Wrestlers. It'll be a hit :wink:

God no, not again please. Though, despite the "boring" chants the last few times I dread there are still some WWE bookers stuck in 1998 :(

I think there are some massive matches possible for this years WM, certainly more than there have been for a while.

Hardy v Hardy is bound to be a classic. Taker's 18-0 streak v Koslov's unbeaten run would be an excelent angle, and the russian is talented enough to pull a classic from UT.

Then there is the IC title picture, which is as good as its been in years. Some great contenders for the MITB ladder match.

A tag titles unification match would also be a classic, as will Pheonix/Stratus, assuming thats still on the cards.

Then of course there is Jericho/Flair, no matter who the match turns out to be with (I'm predicting one more classic from Y2J and HBK) - the build up will be excellent.

More than enough for 4 hours there, and thats without mentioning the title matches!

Oh yeah - Orton's the heel Jeemise (does du no watch?), at least for now - plenty of "I hear voices too" signs in the crowd a-la "Austin 3:16" of a few years back, and Legacy are drawing quite noticable cheers. Lets hope its left to be a slow natural turn this time..

Taker's 18-0 streak v Koslov's unbeaten run would be an excelent angle, and the russian is talented enough to pull a classic from UT.

That has got to be a joke - Kozlov is one of the worst wrestlers I have seen in a long time. He has zero talent or personality and can make even the best wrestlers look truly terrible.

^I'd say his personality is that he doesn't have a personality if you know what I mean. He is supposed to be just a tank. A monster who has nothing but his imposing physique and whatnot is part of his character. Like Kurrgan until he was in the Oddities.

I agree that he is far from Undertaker's league, however.

Taker's 18-0 streak v Koslov's unbeaten run would be an excelent angle, and the russian is talented enough to pull a classic from UT.

That has got to be a joke - Kozlov is one of the worst wrestlers I have seen in a long time. He has zero talent or personality and can make even the best wrestlers look truly terrible.

Have you been watching the same matches? :shock:

Certainly his last WWE run was hellish, but now the character has clicked he's one of the all to few big men who can really work a match.

Anyways, that potential match is a long way away and we have Against All Odds tomorrow night. Kinda convoluted card, which is inevitable coming off Genesis, but there could be a few surprises in there. Was impressed with the Abyss promo this week, unavoidable echo's of Foley famous thumbtack one (just a shame he's gotta try to pull a decent match out of Morgan to make it worthwhile)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-EvmWt7Mx4 (deliberate link as its a bit graphic)

The return of Joe is also being hinted at, and that makes any event worth seeing! :D

-----------------------

We got AJ too! :D

If you get a chance, take a look at last nights live ECW show. Some great in-ring action from Swagger and Christian, being set up by a nice old-school promo. Plenty of good stuff in between including the mainstream debut of TJ wilson. I'm now hopefuly of a 3 way dance for the ECW title at wrestlemania.

Also looking more and more like Orton will be facing HHH at WM, fingers crossed anyway!

Lets hope WWE snap up Petey Williams sharpish.

• 2 weeks later...
Since we're discussing The Wrestler movie I figured we'd have a discussion on Wrestling!

I loved WWF in 1997-2002 but I think that it got all crappy when Brock Lesner, Orton, Batista etc got into it.

Austin is the best!

i just want to say wrestling is the biggest load of cack, maybe 2nd to cricket.. :wink: