National Anthem

Marooned in Maywick.

I totally agree with you.

It really annoyed me when the England fans would run around the streets of different countries waving the union flag. I seem to remember England fans wearing the union flag as a cloak while rioting, cant remember when or where though?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your point, but personally, I don't see anything wrong the waving of the Union Jack by English supporters. They are flying the flag for Britain if you will.

Also, England are quite right to sing GSTQ. Just because Scotland, New Zealand, Australia etc decided to drop it (although it is still their official national anthem), doesn't mean England must drop it.

I understand your point, but personally, I don't see anything wrong the waving of the Union Jack by English supporters. They are flying the flag for Britain if you will.

Also, England are quite right to sing GSTQ. Just because Scotland, New Zealand, Australia etc decided to drop it (although it is still their official national anthem), doesn't mean England must drop it.

MiM ........... it has to be a wind-up. Nobody is as stupid as this one is pretending to be.

MiM ........... it has to be a wind-up. Nobody is as stupid as this one is pretending to be.

The National Anthem is God Save the Queen.

All the home Nations should sing it.

As far as the flag waving goes they could wave a mixture of saltires and union jacks just like the Rangers supporters did at the recent European match at Ibrox.

As far as the flag waving goes they could wave a mixture of saltires and union jacks just like the Rangers supporters did at the recent European match at Ibrox.

Are you seriously suggesting the rest of the country should look to Rangers supporters as role models.....?????

My problem with England (and any other home nations fans) fans waving the Union Jack is the "guilty by association" problem. If they are waving the flag at a sports event and generally behaving themselves I don't have a problem with it. However if there is trouble surrounding the event, particularly abroad, this can lead to the other countries getting tarred with the same brush.

Back in the late 80's when English teams were banned from Europe, FIFA/UEFA's original plan was to ban all British teams from Europe and it took some lobbying from Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish FA's to change their stance on this.

Yes, the National Anthem of Great Britain is God Save the Queen. However when the home nations are competing as individual nations (Commonwealth Games, Football, Rugby etc) they should be allowed to sing whatever the hell they want.

Are you seriously suggesting the rest of the country should look to Rangers supporters as role models.....?????

In this instance yes.

Are you seriously suggesting that there is something wrong with Rangers supporters waving Union Jacks and St. Andrews flags a European match ......?????

Here we go...

It's the Rangers fans waving the union jack and Celtic fans waving the Irish tricolour argument coming up next.

Getting back to the original question.

I think Scotland should use Donald Where's yir troosers !!

What a laugh that would be for Scotland supporters to sing !! :lol:

Let the wind blow high let the wind blow low !!!