Great quotes.

We can only discuss or make intellectual advances by passing through the existing body of learning. This is such an enormous task, made even more enormous by the multitudes of specialized gate keepers, that no one can produce integrated thought.

We are faced by a crisis in language and communication. This crisis is being accentuated, not eased, by the Universities.

It is a strange thought, but I believe a correct one, that twenty or thirty pages of ideas and information would be capable of turning the present-day world upside down, or even destroying it. I have often tried to conceive of what those pages might contain, but of course I am a prisoner of the present-day world, just as all of you are. We cannot think outside the particular patterns that our brains are conditioned to, or, to be more accurate, we can only think a very little way outside

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

KOYAANISQATSI

Just what is it that you think you are?.. Some kind of soothsayer/saviour?

You are (in my belief) an under developed, uneducated, spoilt little boy. You have very little tollerance of anything or anyone who doesn't follow your beliefs (a little hitlerish perhaps?). It doesn't suprise me in the slightest that you believe that it's the goverment that's behind all of the problems in your life..

I, on the other hand, am quite happy with my life at the moment.

And I know that annoys you. :P

^^^ You mis-understand Koy. He is simply a manifestation of belief in conspiracy as the dominant force in world affairs.

If you read his posts with the (temporary) viewpoint of " Everyone, everywhere, is lying to me" and extrapolate from that, his viewpoint isn't that difficult to understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

The word enthusiasm comes from the latin words en theos, which means - the god within. In other words, do what excites you, for that excitement is God telling you - "We're on the right path and we are together and isn't this FUN!"

Bill Hicks

If you lend someone £20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

(this one is for KOYAANISQATSI)

In fact, one thing that I have noticed... is that all of these conspiracy theories depend on the perpetrators being endlessly clever. I think you'll find the facts also work if you assume everyone is endlessly stupid

Nothing I do on a daily basis is anything I don't want to do , nothing I don't enjoy with a passion , self indulgent? hell yes it is ..pootle compromise , its my life ..it might all end tomorrow and I'm taking no chances.

Ninja EDIT:

Three passions have governed my life:

The longings for love, the search for knowledge,

And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.

In the union of love I have seen

In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision

Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge.

I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].

I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,

But always pity brought me back to earth;

Cries of pain reverberated in my heart

Of children in famine, of victims tortured

And of old people left helpless.

I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,

And I too suffer.

This has been my life; I found it worth living.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...