Great quotes.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick" (Anon, to me anyway)

"This is like deja vu all over again" (Yogi Berra)

"Say to them: “Man has survived hitherto because he was too ignorant to know how to realize his wishes. Now that he can realize them, he must either change them or perish." (William Carlos Williams)

And to lighten the tone after that one, Groucho again:

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

... Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

Some more from George W...

• -The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for "entrepreneur".

-If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

-More and more of our imports come from overseas.

And from poppa Bush:

Walter Mondale: "George Bush doesn't have the manhood to apologies."

George Bush: "Well, on the manhood thing, I'll put mine up against his any time."

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Sir Winston Churchill

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Sir Winston Churchill

Sir Winston Churchill was a very good observer of human nature and a lot of governments in the world to day could learn a awful lot from him and history we sacrifice our military capability at our pearl he told the government of the day back in the 1930s that we should support our military and they ignored him world war II was a very close run thing what would he have said if the troops had landed on D-Day with ammunition that did not work never mind a proper hospital for medical care for the wounded some of his Greatest quotes are directed at old Adolf so much for the ban the bomb rubbish

This forum would not exist if Adolf had won in 1939 we would all be put in ovens for speaking our thoughts or printing them

This forum would not exist if Adolf had won in 1939 we would all be put in ovens for speaking out thoughts or printing them

This type of 'appeal-to-a-parallel-universe' argument is inherently flawed and misleading.

1.The British signed the Treaty of Amiens in March 1802, the consequent peace, which lasted only one year, the British government had paid of most of there sailors and put most of there ships to rot.

2. Neville Chamberlains peace for our time a bit of paper that was only fit to wipe his bottom on so much for world war I being the war to end all wars.

3. Falkland war Lt Col H Jones Quote “John Nott wanted a sub surface navy and the Argentine defenders have giving him one†so much for the so called the John Nott defence review

Maybe Fjool lives in the twilight zone where he should give Osama bin Laden a sweetie and tell him not to be a silly little boy. so much for the success of 'appeasement Adolf murdered any one who spoke up against him burned books he did not like it just a pity that he did not start with his own book the Jeffrey Archer of the 1930s

a lot of good people died in world war I and II to keep this country free never mind all who have died in the past five years my mother said that her father was gone for over Five years when she was a little girl but she was lucky he came home but when she heard all this ban the bomb rubbish she felt short changed and wanted the five years he was gone back so I can only imagine how the people who had fathers who did not come home must feel so much for learning from history my grandfather died when I was two years old so I never met him and like her I feel a little bit short changed to he came home but did not last long but he believed he did the right thing history has proved that appeasement dose not work.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill

Dude.... what are you babbling about?

Regardless of whatever else you seem to be trying to express, you cannot claim that life would be a particular way if a historical event had or had not taken place. It's impossible to say. That is all.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill

I like that quote.

I only wish all todays 'do-gooders' had had to fight in WW1 or 2 or both.

The one sure way to conciliate a tiger is to allow oneself to be devoured. ...Konrad Adenauer

I only wish all todays 'do-gooders' had had to fight in WW1 or 2 or both.

Do you believe that left-wingers think that the Battle of the Somme, D-Day, and Stalingrad were fun days out for all concerned ?

A favourite quote of my own:

"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...