snow

MJ

Apparently not one bus is running in London right now. In Aberdeen it would take the four horsemen of the apocalypse riding down Kincorth Brae to stop the bus drivers and even then they would probably try to overcharge them for a run to King Street.

I did get sent a cracking joke about England and snow but the politically correct beaks would have me hung drawn and quartered for repeating it here. :lol:

Nottingham squelching on more or less as usual, but a bit slower. Perhaps a couple of inches overnight, though the city's always warmer than the country. Roads with usual cold black slush covering ... yep, I think I'd rather be watching the scenery in Shetland ... :(

Well, well, well, Kent has a bit of snow and London too, panic, panic, and panic. Tesco's, Sainbury's and Morrisons have all had a busy weekend due to someone saying snow is on the way.

You have to laugh, its really funny to watch how rational human beings can become totally crazy buying milk, bread - and toilet rolls(????) At the mere thought of snow coming. Its 20 years since they got the last decent amount of snow and yet they still panic every time. We have had some of the worst of it so far and I doubt if it measures more than 4 inches. Its still snowing but the roads are fairly clear.

We wouldnt have got a half day off school if it was in Shetland, all the schools are closed down here. Why????

Its good to have a laugh at them. I keep telling the locals that we wouldnt even mention it if it was back home -winds em up a bit more

Its 20 years since they got the last decent amount of snow and yet they still panic every time.

I can't speak for the Kentish people, but I live in central(ish) London, and I'm not seeing any evidence of panic around here.

The news media certainly get a bit hysterical, but I'd say the locals are rather enjoying it. And the kids are absolutely loving it!

We wouldnt have got a half day off school if it was in Shetland, all the schools are closed down here. Why????

Dunno, but, to be fair, the BBC says a lot of schools in southern scotland are closed too. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_of_scotland/7864392.stm