Highland Heartbeat

Tomblands

http://video.thirteen.org/series/show/144

That's the "first episode" (although, to me, it appears to be some sort of highlights program...) of the Highland Heartbeat program thingy featuring Jillian Isbister.

It's clearly produced for the American market. I couldn't work out though if the concert scenes were filmed in the UK, or actually filmed in America.

I'm not sure exactly what is Scottish about "Bridge Over Troubled Water" though, any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure exactly what is Scottish about "Bridge Over Troubled Water" though, any ideas?

There is a sort of a Scottish connection though. In 1969, when writing Bridge over Troubled Water (and many of the other songs on the album of the same name) Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel were staying in a cottage near Oban.

Of course, the bridge the girls walk across in the video is at Eilan Donan Castle in Dornie in Wester Ross.

It's clearly produced for the American market. I couldn't work out though if the concert scenes were filmed in the UK, or actually filmed in America.

Scotland I think, this article confirms it was filmed in Scotland for the American market and provides some interesting background. It is also quite interesting to Google the program name and see all the American station IDs link to it. :wink:

I couldn't work out though if the concert scenes were filmed in the UK, or actually filmed in America.
It was all filmed in Scotland
I'm not sure exactly what is Scottish about "Bridge Over Troubled Water"; though, any ideas?
The songs weren't exclusively Scottish; there was 'contemporary' and 'popular' songs too

Here's a couple of links:

Jillian to star in US TV show

Jillian off to Florida to promote TV song show filmed in Highland beauty spots