I´m back

newman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw your post as I have been away in lands far to the south of Shetland.

Fair Isle?

Did he not say "far to the south"? Hardly Fair Isle. 8)

Aye, but Shetland is the extent of the known world, is it not. We know nothing of what strange and unusual foreign climes may lurk beneath the southern horizon.

Come the revolution though, we may send raiding parties soutwards to conquer and enslave any lands and peoples we may find....Just as soon as the SIC ferries are fitted with their full naval armnaments. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
I think that we can rule out a return from a marketing degree

Big Mouth indeed.

Am thinking of delegating some of the authority if you know what i mean.

Anyone else agree?

This thread is truly entertaining. "Awesome" even. Some nameless, faceless fellow occasionally types "I'm back" on here, and (presumably) grown men argue, harangue, admire and (kind of) affectionately abuse him and his acolyte in a verbal fashion.

Other than that, absolutely NOTHING happens. For THREE WHOLE YEARS.

This guy should be on the Council!! :wink:

I mean, what and whose "authority" can he delegate? Her Royal Maj? The big G?? His own??? :?

I think that we can rule out a return from a marketing degree

Big Mouth indeed.

Am thinking of delegating some of the authority if you know what i mean.

Anyone else agree?

This thread is truly entertaining. "Awesome" even. Some nameless, faceless fellow occasionally types "I'm back" on here, and (presumably) grown men argue, harangue, admire and (kind of) affectionately abuse him and his acolyte in a verbal fashion.

Other than that, absolutely NOTHING happens. For THREE WHOLE YEARS.

This guy should be on the Council!! :wink:

I mean, what and whose "authority" can he delegate? Her Royal Maj? The big G?? His own??? :?

I think we can agree that it is very interesting.

According to Max Weber there are 3 kinds of authority, Rational-legal authority,Traditional authority and Charismatic authority.

I would say he builds his on Charismatic authority.

But Weber was German, so that explains that, then. :P

As for "charismatic", I have to point out that this is a written word Internet site, where the "person" in question has pretty much only ever provided two typed words, namely, "I'm back" (yes, Pedants Corner, I'm is, in fact two words, however, as they are used here in their compressed state, I'm counting it as one). Therefore, "charisma" can have no part to play in any "authority" this possibly entirely fictional "person" might or might not have.

If he/she/it held rallies, or public meetings, or stood down the Pier (or on Cockatoo Brae :roll: ) saying, "I'm back" to passers-by, this might qualify. It might even qualify if they posted a video clip, or even a voice clip (iffy) on here, simply saying, "I'm back". In these cases, their (alleged) charisma might manifest, and be felt by more than one individual.

But to type it and then for someone "else", who claims - uniquely - to have knowledge of this "individual", does not, for me, confer any more "charismatic authority" upon them, then any of the rest of our posts confer upon us.

Charisma is something that must be experienced in person, through some form of interaction or contact, passive or otherwise. Typing "I'm back" under a pseudonym once or twice a year just don't cut it.

So, you're right. You would say it, you just wouldn't be correct, if you did. :)

But Weber was German, so that explains that, then.

Like 81.859.000 other people! what has nationality to do with it?

As far as "charismatic" goes if you had ever meet him and seen him in action you would also say the same.

Regarding the rest of your post, I could not possibly comment. :D

Well, when next you see him (in a mirror, perhaps?), wave to him for me.

You haven't disproved anything about my post (not even about Weber :P ).

In fact, you have reinforced every point I made.

:D

PS When you do look in the mirror, do you ever say, "Iknow him, too?" Just thought I would ask. :wink:

Well, when next you see him (in a mirror, perhaps?), wave to him for me.

You haven't disproved anything about my post (not even about Weber :P ).

In fact, you have reinforced every point I made.

:D

PS When you do look in the mirror, do you ever say, "Iknow him, too?" Just thought I would ask. :wink:

We are first cousins so yes we do have a bit in common but that rules out the mirror theory.

No I do not agree with all that you posted but am a man of peace and refuse to argue on these forums. :)

We do agree that the thread is interesting. :D :arrow: :!: :idea: