Where did your screen name come from?

Explain where you got your Shetlink name from!

JAStewart

=

James

Andrew

Stewart

JAStewart is just the name I use for the internet. A googl search of JAStewart turns up 3000 results, the first 28 is me (28 in a row, followed by a 29th one that isn't mine, then it starts again at 30 :P)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's actually african. It comes from a particulary unattractive tribe, which in English would be pronounced n'je-ugly.

Only joking, it is pronounced n-yoo-gel, which is norwegian for ozone-friendly hair-care products.

Nah, i'm only joking, it was meant to be Jungle, but i'm dyslexic.(cheers haddock)

Mine is an old nickname from school. I've had it since I was about sixteen.

I can't really remember how I got it, but our very own peeriebryan was among the first to use it, so maybe he could shed some light on that. I suspect it's for the very dull reason that my real name also starts with a Mc.

I can't really remember how I got it, but our very own peeriebryan was among the first to use it, so maybe he could shed some light on that. I suspect it's for the very dull reason that my real name also starts with a Mc.

Probably after Marty McFly chracter played by Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future (1985) :!:

Probably after Marty McFly chracter played by Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future (1985) :!:

Well, yes, it is after Marty McFly. But what I'm not sure about is the connection between myself and that character.

I'm not gullible and I don't care if anyone calls me a chicken :wink:

Mine comes fae peeriebryan, but it's no a particularly interesting story, and I lik da mystery. :wink:

Aahaa yes, at the back o da Thule if I recall

Well, yes, it is after Marty McFly. But what I'm not sure about is the connection between myself and that character.

I'm not gullible and I don't care if anyone calls me a chicken :wink:

It was actually after Marty McFly’s dad! There are several reasons, including the Mc prefix in you surname. I’ll tell you the reasons next time I see you. You wouldn’t thank me for telling you on a public forum!

I’m peerie Bryan because I used to play in loads of bands with Brian Nicholson fae Brae/Yell when I was a teenager. Although I was always taller than him, because he was a good bit older, I was referred to as peerie Bryan. I suppose its because I’ve been the youngest in every band I’ve been in that it stuck