Shetland Football Gossip Column

Dusty Rhodes

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The association was going to contact the teams in the association and gauge interest, Ness, Celtic, Spurs and Delting said they were interested at octobers meeting, Scalloways rep said that he would need to check with the committee before saying they were interested or not. I think they hoped to get it started by nov. It will all depend on how many are interested in entering and if they are able to make Sunday and Monday night which is when the association could get the pitch booked.

Speaking of Millionaires / Billionaires and the Ness brings me nicely to an interesting piece of gossip that may or may not have been picked up in the Lounge last Sunday afternoon.

A 'South Mainland' player currently working at SVT (controversially if you cast your minds back) is apparently worried by redundancies.

He is yet to refute claims he could be leaving the former league champions for the current league champions.

Anyone fancy a side bet that the CHARISMAtic player may be due to sit his sea survival course in Scalloway? The only possible flaw to this is the big mans no very kean on da' water. :wink:

Oh and Martin Binns has still NOT signed for the Tizers.

Speaking of Millionaires / Billionaires and the Ness brings me nicely to an interesting piece of gossip that may or may not have been picked up in the Lounge last Sunday afternoon.

A 'South Mainland' player currently working at SVT (controversially if you cast your minds back) is apparently worried by redundancies.

He is yet to refute claims he could be leaving the former league champions for the current league champions.

Anyone fancy a side bet that the CHARISMAtic player may be due to sit his sea survival course in Scalloway? The only possible flaw to this is the big mans no very kean on da' water. :wink:

Oh and Martin Binns has still NOT signed for the Tizers.

The former Ness player you're referring to, did he tell you any of this himself?.

bloody hell mr parker you seem to be the man in the know any other revelations you know of?? you have to watch you will be getting a column in shetland times before long.

i did hear delting was making a hasty attempt to get diego maradona as there manager after the poor season last season as he may be available to take the job and is said to welcome the task of managing the same caliber of player as messi augero and mascharano at club level :lol:

Guest joker123

talking of the lounge, i heard this Saturday Night that unst and yell are going to fold completely or go into the B-League?

Surely this is not true or else town teams would be playing each other about 6/7//8 times a season and this would be boring for shetland football in general? = bad?

I doot dat horse has been flogged tae death!! Have to wait and see what they do at the AGM in December, they can apply to join the Reserve League, though if any of the two of them won it they would have to come back to the premier league.

It has little bearing on the matter what anyone on the outside of the two clubs thinks though braveheart, it only matters what the two clubs and their committee and players think, and at present there does not seem to be the desire from the majority of them to merge? The association cannot force them to merge.

As for the works league optition not sure how it would work, it seems that they will have to look at a two league structure shortly if they continue to get new teams entering. They were going to struggle to get all there games played on Saturdays when they had the 12 teams entered, though with Cosmo's folding and Sandwick withdrawing from the cups it did ease the pressure a bit.

well dose it not make sence for them to merge although i also heard that yell was considering doing the same as burra did and join the works league? but that was a while ago

Certainly would not make sense for either party. Especially Unst. They have quality players when their youngsters are back from University etc through the Summer months, they've proved this with some excellent results including a win against Delting. I don't believe Yell would consider themselves worthy of a merge either. Although they had a pish season, aa credit to them for fielding teams consistantly throughout the summer months.