Shetland Football Gossip Column

Dusty Rhodes

With a bit of luck you'd get MORE than just 11 players Dusty Rhodes. I think the boys mainly want to get together and begin a bit of fitness work before x-mas/NY. It's the camaraderie more than anything that the boys want though. Team spirit gets built over time.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right come on, can't we just get someone to pick the 11 best players in shetland, get them to turn up to training once in a while, get them to stay sober for the time that their playing football for shetland and get them to kick the ball into the net more times than the other team does.... simple... its not hard

Think you'll find that's been done and by a past manager with an unblemished inter-coonty record to boot (pardon the pun)

as far ive heard nobody but that could be wrong! i have been before. i think they were changing the whole process of somebody getting the job to be fair who ever gets it has a monumental task on there hands.

but there a lot of reasons that shetland football is in the mess its in right now just hope some of the people in involved in higher end of the sfa start the ball in motion of gettin a better system in place for shetland football or more clubs will die out and it will be a 4 or 5 team setup for the a's and nobody wants that.

I have got an amazing idea, we should employ a selection committee that would select squads and teams. The committee would be made from a member of every club in shetland, they would all pick a squad and the players that were in the most squads would therefor get into the Shetland squad. then when the squad was pick the committee would use the same process to pick the team from the squad. If anything it would be a laugh. :lol:

My mole in the SFA informs me that John Jamieson has resigned as Shetland manager? If so are we expecting too much from the position?

Your mole informed you he resigned?

Could he possibly have been forced to resign? Both sides save face?

Who Knows.

Could this lead to Delting reataining their position as Number One in Shetland Football again?

A boss fully focused on the Delts, it could well happen.

Seven League Titles and an Island games(2005 - it was Delting what won it) surely had him down as the best manager in the County.

Interesting to see who the replacement will be - the Scott-Christie/Graham partnership would be my preferred choice although I would prefer that at Delting - Think Graham would not be keen as he is still pulling the knife from his back from last decade.

My mole in the SFA informs me that John Jamieson has resigned as Shetland manager? If so are we expecting too much from the position?

Seven League Titles and an Island games(2005 - it was Delting what won it) surely had him down as the best manager in the County.

What a load o pish!

It's just as easy to say Whalsay and Ness/Thistle/Somewhere south o Shetland(can't remember who Duncan Bray played for at the time) won the island games. Team effort I think as most logical people would agree!

Cheers

totaly agree isot, i play for the county team and not even half where delts, 4 started, it was a team effort! the goals where scored by a whalsay man (monty) and a ness man (duncan bray). Delts will not win the league, they are a aging team with absalutely no youth players of any talent coming thru. man of the match was probs bobby wiseman who made match winning saves! hope the managers situation is resolved soon, so we can get back to training and build for the year ahead!