Shetland Football Gossip Column

Dusty Rhodes

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually take all the gossip on this thread with a pinch of salt especially when we all know how bad the Shetland rumour mill is. Two years ago there were a few posts made on this site stating that Wrultizers FC had folded, which ironically saw a few players jump ship and actually then put the existance of the club in jeopardy. As a result I didn't take much notice of the rumours of Mossbank's demise saying that though it has since been confirmed to me that they have cancelled all the training they had booked from now till April.

Regarding the transfer gossip it's never final until the ink is dry, on that note I'm delighted to anounce that Wrultizers FC have signed Ryan Joswik from Whitedale and Craig Sneddon from Mossbank!

I usually take all the gossip on this thread with a pinch of salt especially when we all know how bad the Shetland rumour mill is. Two years ago there were a few posts made on this site stating that Wrultizers FC had folded, which ironically saw a few players jump ship and actually then put the existance of the club in jeopardy. As a result I didn't take much notice of the rumours of Mossbank's demise saying that though it has since been confirmed to me that they have cancelled all the training they had booked from now till April.

Regarding the transfer gossip it's never final until the ink is dry, on that note I'm delighted to anounce that Wrultizers FC have signed Ryan Joswik from Whitedale and Craig Sneddon from Mossbank!

heard connel richardson has signed for banks ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Fact is gents that from the 31th of Oct 2011 all players registered to the Shetland FA or Shetland Works league for that matter are free to sign for who ever they wish, and as there are no rules against speaking to an unsigned amateur player then its bound to happen, our club lost one to Whitedale last season, one to Celtic this year. Wether the players approached the new club or not is neither here nor there the fact is it happend.

Folk speak of a system where managers should contact the manager of the player they wish to sign in the first instance but that only really apply's to the season and when the players registration is valid, which is from the 1st of Nov 2011 to the 30th Nov 2012.

A player is only registered once a fully completed and signed registration form is received by the Associations registration secretary.

And as we all know, a player can approach the Association and ask that his registration for a particular club be cancelled, on this being processed they then must sit out playing for a SAFA registered team for a period of 28 days, where once that period is served they may sign for who they wish.

The only issue that can delay that happening is if the club who had previously held the registration can prove that the player leaving owes them money for example had not paid recognised playing fee's for the games they HAD played or had training gear like jackets kitbag etc that they had not payed for or returned on leaving the club. Until such debts had been settled then the player would be debt suspended and unable to play for any club in membership of the SAFA. Clubs would need to prove this by way of invoice etc though.

I think that has covered most of the valid points on the subject, other than whilst it does grate on team managers and committee's nerves it goes on all the time. Maybe the best course of action would be to get in touch with the indivdual concerned and ask them directly what has happend, that way it may resolve the situation to everyones satisfaction. As usually what happens with these kind of threads they descend into a arguement and make things worse.

That can't be true! If Jaime Wilson signs for Celtic they will be unstoppabble next year. They seemed a bit light in the striking department last season, with only really Aitken and Web getting goals so if they signed the best striker in the league they would win everything.