Shetland Football Gossip Column

Dusty Rhodes

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how whitedale cant be in with a shout, if am not mistaken whitedale are 2nd in winning the most trophies in the past 3 year just behind whalsay. Also I don't think they will suffer with losing Paul molloy (as talented as he is) as the young players they have will now have their chance to grace the stage.

We're talking League here not cups tho. Whitedale have proved in that 3 year that they don't have the consistency to challenge for the league, I'm sure the league tables will prove that.

Yes, they're are good enough to be any team on their day but sadly lack consistency needed for a league campaign!

*MOD EDIT* TOPIC MERGED TO REFLECT GENERAL DISCSUSSION *MOD EDIT*

Just heard from the man himself that Robbie Simpson has been on the phone begging Jamie Wilson to sign for Celtic. Other reports state that robbie is unhappy with his current crop of strikers.

Bruce Crossan told me in the Lounge a few weeks ago that they (Celtic) have approached one or two of Ness Utds better players as well.

^ Not sure who approached who, but it looks likely that Neil Fenwick is to play for Celtic next year, but again no registration form for him as yet.

Like I said before there is nothing to stop anyone approaching a player after the 31st of Oct 2011 as everyone is a free agent.

i am guessing they do it every year so that the FA know how many players are active in the leagues.... if you only had to sign once then you would have players long retired still down as playing for a team...

I was speaking to two north isles boys last week and they said that they were wanting to get it so that if you are playing against a single team club in the b-league then you can't field any A-league players... I thought this was a good idea as it would even things up a little for the 2 teams that finished bottom of the b- league last year... what do you think? is there any rule against it?

Probably too late for something like that to be installed for the season up and coming but an idea for 2013???

The signing on form is a waste of time, after you have signed for a club you should only have to sign again if you move clubs.

Might be something to do with the player insurance side of it also in cases of players receiving bans for assault on a referee etc so that they have a record of the date of birth and address of the player involved so that they can enforce a ban.

Might be possible for next year Dusty but you will need to get enough support to get the rule change through.

Marcus Biglad is right in that consistency is what wins leagues and whilst Whitedale have a envious record in the cups recently they have been unable to convert that into league success, Whitedale's league standings over the last few years have been, 2011 5th, 2010 4th, 2009 6th and 5th in 2008. Maybe 2012 will be their year.

3rd in 2011, 5th in 2010, 3rd 2009, and 3rd in 2008 with a few cup wins along the way too, so not league winners i'll grant you but consistently more consistent than Whitedales 4 yr league placings.

Is there anyword on who is taking over running Whitedale?