Shetland Football Gossip Column

Dusty Rhodes

transfer news...couple of players returning to the delts from mossbank are john hutcheson and nathan macdonald...mark smith is also rumoured to be returning but nothing confirmed, also jamie sim is likely to join from works league side wrultizers! with a few top players could this be the turning point for delting?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was speaking to an Unst lad and a Yell boy in the Thule last night, and they both comfirmed that they'll will merger together and become Northern Rovers. Would Baxter be able to confirm this?

Mossbank FC have now folded as of friday night. In camp fighting proving to difficult for the manager to handle and has now lined up working as Scalloway B manager.

Donald Wilmore has also signed for Delting next year.

Was speaking to an Unst lad and a Yell boy in the Thule last night, and they both comfirmed that they'll will merger together and become Northern Rovers. Would Baxter be able to confirm this?

......And so it begins again.....

In short, no, I am not able to confirm this, from an Unst perspective we haven't held our AGM yet and it has not been discussed in detail by our players, to my knowledge 8) . As far as I am aware there are no plans afoot for this to happen for the 2012 season (it may/probably will happen eventually).

At the moment I think the consensus is that joining Unst and Yell and merging the 2 bottom B league teams will cause more problems than it is worth logistically, and will result in less players playing football. (however it would mean that the mainland teams wouldnt have to bother with a trip to Unst?? :twisted: :roll: )

news on transfers players leaving mossbank fc, is that craig sneddon has signed on with cosmos and smith, macdonald and class striker hutcheson have signed on with delting... other transfers...paul malloy joins spurs, jamie wilson joins rebels in the works league

If this is true we will find out if John Hutcheson is "Class" - it's been easy for him playing in the lower leagues to look good.

Also if true what's Jamie Wilson thinking about? He's too good to drop his standards that much ...... or does he want to look good in a crap league?

As the assistant manager of the Wastside Rebels I can say there's no word on signing Jamie, however he does train we wis sometimes and play in the occasional friendly so that could by whar the rumours stem fae.

Hopefully we'll see him turn out for the Rebels once he retires fae the A's 8)

As far as looking good in a crap league, dunna think he needs tae do that as he already scores plenty in the A's!

As the assistant manager of the Wastside Rebels I can say there's no word on signing Jamie, however he does train we wis sometimes and play in the occasional friendly so that could by whar the rumours stem fae.

Hopefully we'll see him turn out for the Rebels once he retires fae the A's 8)

As far as looking good in a crap league, dunna think he needs tae do that as he already scores plenty in the A's!

Sorry Kevin - poor use of words, although the Works League is quite a lot lower in standard.

news on transfers players leaving mossbank fc, is that craig sneddon has signed on with cosmos and smith, macdonald and class striker hutcheson have signed on with delting... other transfers...paul malloy joins spurs, jamie wilson joins rebels in the works league

If this is true we will find out if John Hutcheson is "Class" - it's been easy for him playing in the lower leagues to look good.

Also if true what's Jamie Wilson thinking about? He's too good to drop his standards that much ...... or does he want to look good in a crap league?

everyone knows hutcheson is class kirsty