Shetland Football Gossip Column

Dusty Rhodes

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact Jamie aint signing for celtic he was close to a move to scalloway in the middle to end of last season but with molloy going to spurs he's happy where he is now. Also heard rumours Andrew Flett was approached by Celtic but Andrew loves playing for the village team, And lastly dont rule Scalloway out of a few cup runs next year with the players rumoured to be signing Scalloway has always brought in a good few players from south and i know theres more coming. Happy days for Scalloway with no one thinking they'll do anything there's no pressure.

its a pitty if whitedale dont find a manager there is a lot of potential there for a leauge winning side.

as was pointed out before they have always been in the running for cups and die away in the leauge purely because of a bit of lack in depth same as spurs really.

as for the comments about jamie wilson not being a class striker :shock: the boy has been deadly in front of goal since juniors. The only reason he probs didnt get in the county sqaud is because he wouldnt have suited the system bristow was going to play but thats only a guess.

You are spot on with your comment Scy guy Jamie IS stayin at Whitedale. And as for him not gettin into the county team Jamies face has just never fitted where thats concerned even when he was younger!

never fitted when he was younger???? wis he no in da junior coonty team??? did he no go t faroe wae shetland!! i rather doot he did!

You are spot on with your comment Scy guy Jamie IS stayin at Whitedale. And as for him not gettin into the county team Jamies face has just never fitted where thats concerned even when he was younger!

never fitted when he was younger???? wis he no in da junior coonty team??? did he no go t faroe wae shetland!! i rather doot he did!

He was in the senior Shetland squad that went on the Highland League tour in 2007, I'm sure he was in the County squad as well.

• 3 weeks later...

john hutcheson is in jail, nathan macdonald has signed for spurs, connel richardson has signed for whitedale, craig sneddon has signed for wrultizers, mark smith has retired! others include, michael owers who has also hung his boots up, alan smith doesnt have a club yet, steven giblin is also a free agent along with michael forrester, steven johnson, danny inkster, craig thompson, greig maxwell, jonny maxwell and steven leckie!

michael owers who has also hung his boots up

I've heard due to lack of goalkeepers at thistle, they will be approaching michael owers. A thistle player mentioned his name to the coach as he watched michael play in goals against banks. he pulled off some 'unstoppable saves' they mentioned