Shetland Football Gossip Column

Dusty Rhodes

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tractor - can you explain why you think Spurs have less potential as Celtic?

Spurs have every potential if not more now as Celtic with the signings they've made. Oldest player in their team is James Johnston and he still has 3/4 years in him yet. It is a very youthful squad with alot of experience. Most of the players are between 22-28 along with a couple very gifted younger players coming through the ranks. Spurs also have the bonus of not many (one or two) players being away at university.

Celtic have far more potential, nearly won the league last season with the average age of the starting team being 19-22 throughout the season. You still disagree *MOD EDIT*? Heard Webb left to get the fancy new tracksuit at spurs :) Heard a rumour from a ness man today that Paul Grant is now jumping ship?! Surely he has more sence!

I can confirm that Paul Malloy has signed with Spurs.

Having not been at the game on wednesday (Whalsay v Spurs) myself, I have a close friend who took a trip up to see it. He came back and said that Spurs looked like a realy good outfit. Players playing in different positions with alot of pace going forward. "Davy Mac will have a headache when it comes to team selection" was his very words. Everything was coming through Jordan Webb and Sam Ward in midfield and JJ wasnt even playing. He reckons Spurs will be serious challengers this year on all fronts but Whalsay will still be the team to beat. Karl Williamson was back in midfield along with Keith Pearson and Alistair Johnson amongst the other stand outs.

Calvin Leask is on the move back to Celtic along with Andrew Flett with the departure of Jordan Webb. Scott Morrison is also on the move to Delting following a in his change residency to Mossbank. Following the arrival of Webb to spurs Josie Kay has been reportedly unsettled at his boyhood club and looking for a route out to retain his centre midfield role.