"That Bas-tard Verdict"

dodd

Well moderators rule and somewhere in the T & Cs I am sure that there is something to say that the moderators decision is final.

In regard to the case most people are thinking of I presume that the case could be regarded as still open because I am fairly sure the defence could appeal against the verdict.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ If by the case "most people are thinking of", you mean the thinly disguised one referred to in the final post of part 1 of this subject. Why would the defence appeal the verdict, they "won"? Surely any appeal is going to come from the prosecution.

In any case, presumption that a possible appeal by anyone "may" occur doesn't hold up as a reason to terminate further posting on a thread, if it did the seal case would have been locked long ago as there's as much chance of a possible appeal there too. Granted if intent to appeal has been stated, or an actual appeal had been lodged, I agree, further comments must cease, but until either actually occurs surely the court verdict must be taken as full and final, and folk act accordingly.

The case is closed as it stands and due to the emotive and distressing nature of the events we choose not to have it discussed on the forum at this time.

EM, if you, or anyone else, ever wish to discuss forum moderation decisions please feel free to PM the relevant Mod or contact admin@shetlink.com.

Unless this subject could be kept to an objective discussion of the finer points of the Scottish legal system, which it couldn't, it will remain closed. To continue it would benefit no-one, generate speculation and hearsay and potentially cause distress, anger, or other unfavourable responses in the process.

Thread locked.