Spl Relegation Battle

Jay_Corolla

Looks like being a very exciting race to avoid relegation to the First Division for Falkirk, ICT, St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Hamilton.

Now I can see St Mirren and Hamilton surviving, especially as St Mirren are away at Inverness next weekend where the Saints have 3 points waiting for them.

Now I think Falkirk have to be seriously worried. Yes, they blew Caley away 4-0 last weekend. But they must be sh'tting it. Not just for the prospect of playing first division football next season, but down to the fact that their money woes will become more apparent and they will struggle to survive outwith the SPL.

Currently under construction at The Falkirk Stadium is a 3rd stand, which to be fair is being paid for by some stupid dimwitted supporter. However the money that club has thrown down the pan the last couple of seasons on building that stadium in partnership with their council and paying wages to deadwood such as Neil McCann, Lee Bullen, Steven Pressley and the thug Jackie McNamara will surely see this bunch of crooks go up the spout.

Falkirk financed themselves to finish in the top 6 this season. Instead they could see themselves potentially facing the likes of Meadowbank and Greenock Morton next season.

To be fair, Scottish football will be a better place without this disgrace of a club and bunch of inbred fans respresenting it.

Falkirk to go down. Thats my prediction.

Looks like being a very exciting race to avoid relegation to the First Division for Falkirk, ICT, St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Hamilton.

Now I can see St Mirren and Hamilton surviving, especially as St Mirren are away at Inverness next weekend where the Saints have 3 points waiting for them.

Now I think Falkirk have to be seriously worried. Yes, they blew Caley away 4-0 last weekend. But they must be sh'tting it. Not just for the prospect of playing first division football next season, but down to the fact that their money woes will become more apparent and they will struggle to survive outwith the SPL.

Currently under construction at The Falkirk Stadium is a 3rd stand, which to be fair is being paid for by some stupid dimwitted supporter. However the money that club has thrown down the pan the last couple of seasons on building that stadium in partnership with their council and paying wages to deadwood such as Neil McCann, Lee Bullen, Steven Pressley and the thug Jackie McNamara will surely see this bunch of crooks go up the spout.

Falkirk financed themselves to finish in the top 6 this season. Instead they could see themselves potentially facing the likes of Meadowbank and Greenock Morton next season.

To be fair, Scottish football will be a better place without this disgrace of a club and bunch of inbred fans respresenting it.

Falkirk to go down. Thats my prediction.

I think the situation with the stadium now (and it seems to be ever changing!) is that the council has taken on all the risk but also the revenue raising possibilities from the stadium (pretty much the main stand). In effect, Falkirk have no liability on the stadium anymore but they also won't make money from any non-footballing activities. I don't think the club pay any rent (apart from perhaps office space in the main stand).

I'm not entirely sure how much the club put into the joint venture in the first place... I seem to recall reading somewhere the council stumped up most of it but I could be wrong. I think the financial problems this season have come mostly from an over reliance of sponsorship from companies badly affected by the recession (builders for example). The cup runs might make up for any shortfall in the budget from not making the top six.

On the pitch, I can't really disagree with what you say (other than Pressley... without whom we might be down already!). McNamara has been alright but not really an upgrade on Jack Ross (was a big mistake letting him go IMO). McCann is never fit and Bullen has been a disaster! Burten O'Brien who is rumoured to be our highest earner has done virtually nothing as well. As for our manager... :roll:

Should be an exciting split anyway.

There was me hoping for a good fishing trip. :(

Any Kilmarnock supporters about? :roll:

If you had said something along the lines of you thought Hughes was a good young manager who tried to play football the right way and Falkirk were lucky to have him then I might have disagreed!

On a slight tangent, I know the split has its critics but this year should see one of the advantages of it (down the bottom at least). All five rounds of games could have an almost playoff feel about them.

• 1 month later...

So it comes down to next week... Inverness vs Falkirk. Give me mid table mediocrity every season over this.

St Mirren absolutely hammered us yesterday, genuinely one of the most one sided games I've seen. Their first half performance was incredible.

We are not helped by our idiot of a manager. His team selections are something to behold.