CLAN fundraiser...Strictly Come Dancing

oddtablet

Am still waiting for a breakdown of the final scoring. My understanding is Shane Jamieson and Michelle Stove were the winners with Anne Black and Graeme Halcrow runner sup...........Well done to them all !

:? what was the rest....not all of us could attend so come on spill the beans.

We heard it was a fantastic night of entertainment and so sorry we did not make it :(

An amazing amount was apparently raised.....£21,000 :D

Thankfully all the details are here -

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/news_04_2009/What%20a%20night.htm

otherwise I'd be struggling to remember it all exactly!

I went through a friend saying she'd got a ticket for me, but I was glad I'd gone. What an amazing feat - the production of it all, the efforts of everyone involved and the huge sums raised. I was one of the 500 in the Bowls Hall watching on the screen and wondered what it would be like but we had a great night. The comperes and competitors came through a few times to see us so we were able to see them and their great outfits in person.

What amazed me was the professionalism of the whole production, when you take into account what it was. The camera angles, then scores on the screen, etc etc - I'm presuming it'll be coming out as a DVD, they'd be mad not to and it would raise even more funds. All the extra entertainment was very enjoyable and what a great performer Francesca Leyland is.

The nerves were palpable from all involved at the start but then they all relaxed more into it as the night wore on. The contestants who'd been knocked out returned at the end to dance one of their missed dances and you could see the pressure was off as they threw themselves into it. ;) Interesting moment as Diane Watt tried to expose her partner Tavish's chest whilst waiting for their music to start, although he would have none of it. :lol: The leader of the Scottish Liberals was, at that part, wearing a rather fetching bright yellow frilly shirt which was almost worth the 70 mile round trip and the 20 minutes or so it took to get out of Clickimin at the end.

Well done to all!

Hi there this is Francesca Leyland- im new to this website iv just discovered it!! thank u so much for the lovely comment about my performance, hope u enjoyed it! i was very nervous infront of my home croud!! what a brilliant night it was i think it was such a good idea for a fundraiser and it was such a community spirited event :) and an amazing amount of money was raised!!!

x x x

I was in the bowlers hall too and the atmosphere was fantastic!! Honestly it was one of the best nights out I've had in years. Everything about it was brilliantly done and while we paid less than those in the main hall we certainly didn't have the "Cheap Seats" - we were well looked after!

Only vexing thing is, I heard they don't think there will be a DVD made of it :( I believe it's something to do with the copyright issue! Tragic - as even though I was there I would have no problem in watchin it all over again. :D

Judges were Diane Leyland, Wilma Halcrow, George Henderson & Da Flea - bit of something for everybody!! :wink:

Diane knew what she was speaking about and was the 'tecnical expert'.

Wilma had timing issues!

George thanked all the dancers after each dance and was very happy to be there.

Da Flea had done his homework and knew a bit aboot aabody dancing (and told some 'tumbleweed moment' jokes)!!

A good mix an good fun. :D

I was in the Bowlers Hall as well. The night was fantastic! It's a shame if it's true about there being no DVD :(.

Francesca you have an absolutely amazing voice I thought your performance was superb.

Southham if you are who I think you are you did an amazing job. I bow down to you with infinite gaffa tape!

Only vexing thing is, I heard they don't think there will be a DVD made of it :( I believe it's something to do with the copyright issue! Tragic - as even though I was there I would have no problem in watchin it all over again. :D

I mind a few years ago some film students did some filming of the dancers at the Scalloway Boating Club as part of a project. They only could film the dancers' feet or they would be liable for thousands in copyright.

I mind a few years ago some film students did some filming of the dancers at the Scalloway Boating Club as part of a project. They only could film the dancers' feet or they would be liable for thousands in copyright.

There are intellectual property issues, performing rights issues and licenses to use format and music to be considered. The intellectual property owners tend not to give away licenses to use their format and music even for use in charity events, except of course their own charity events.

In any event, I'm very pleased that the ticket holders enjoyed the event and appreciated the step change in production values we presented. The bottom line is the fantastic amount of money raised for a very worthy charity, congratulations CLAN. It is a privilege to have worked on such a great show.