Neighbours

Isn't Neighbours good?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Isn't Neighbours good?

• Yes
    • No

Now i ken dat a lot of folk will think nithin o dis, but there was a Neighbours subject on da idder forum, and i admit i do lik watchin the program. It is da best soap on TV. And i dunna feel bad about watchin it after seeing yun program on Friday night that had Harold swearing like a trooper. Brilliant.

Will psycho Harold be back do you think?

I think Stuart wis totally wrang gettin Steff committed, what a mixed up idiot, has Steff lost da plot?

Whats happening to Paul is brilliant, he's getting his just desserts at last.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yis, Neighbours is da best soap on telly. Never mind aa yun depressin Eastenders hellery - watch da antipodean masterpiece instead.

Mind you I have ta say dat Corrie can be amusin sometimes. Yun Blanche wife gets some braaly funny lines - but shu'd gie me nightmares if shu wis a real wumman.

Coronation Street is by far the best, although I haven't watched neighbours since Carl & Susan Kennedy were together I have to admit.

Apparently there's an Iranian version of the Mancunian soap called The Koran Nation street.

In this weeks instalment : Jack Duckwarth masterminds a brilliant plan bring down the imperialist western pigs, only to be thwarted by Vera banning him from attending his weekly Al-Qaeda cell meetings (in the Rovers Return), following Jack's ill-fated trip to the bookies on their wedding anniversary. Meanwhile, Deirdre is stoned to death for adultery.

Neighbours is the only acceptable soap on British TV. The rest are baws.

To the creator of the thread...How dare you say that Paul "Robbo" Robinson is getting his just deserts. He is a modern day legend, if you said that to his face he would twat you with his fake leg.

Neighbours provides everything you need in daily life in one show, one episode this week had the 2 storylines of Mental Illness and a Pie Eating Contest running side by side. Incredible.

Guest Anonymous

Neighbours is the best thing since sliced bread. I doubt I could live through the winter without my 5.37pm weekly installment.

I agree, Robbo is coo but he's no Karl Kennedy. That man is simply a living legend. Not only is he a highly respected doctor - he is also a serial philanderer. His bullish attitudes towards Izzy are nothing short of legendary.

If i was female and was hankering for a child, Alan Fletcher would be the right man for the job.

Neighbours is the only acceptable soap on British TV. The rest are baws.

To the creator of the thread...How dare you say that Paul "Robbo" Robinson is getting his just deserts. He is a modern day legend, if you said that to his face he would twat you with his fake leg.

Neighbours provides everything you need in daily life in one show, one episode this week had the 2 storylines of Mental Illness and a Pie Eating Contest running side by side. Incredible.

:lol:

All true! But i'd have to say Hollyoaks has it's moments, ahem, for the storylines of course :wink:

But back to Neighbours, the mental illness, pie-eating juxtaposition was outstanding. What a script.

My main grumble about Hollyoaks is the amount of attractive women. If I didn't know any better, I would think Chester was filled with women of that standard.

And the other thing that pisses me off about Hollyoaks is how every actress, when she leaves, does an interview in the press about how she is "off to break Hollywood" before turning up in The Bill/Casualty/Holby City/Footballers Wives a couple of months down the line.

Name me 1 Hollyoaks actor/actress who has gone on to be known for anything other than sh*te TV?

Whereas Neighbours; you have Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce, Rhada Mitchell, Delta Goodrem, Holly Valance, Natalie Imbruglia, Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan who have all had relatively good success in areas other than sh*te tv.

Guest Anonymous

I think you forget about our own ROBBO!'s success as a pop star! What a legend he really is....

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1255060.jpg

Aah....Stefan Dennis - "Don't it make you feel good" He wrote a the lyrics himself, and the song was a massive smash in Germany. He's a bit like a antipodean Hasslehoff and his lyrical prose is pure genius

Dont it make you feel good!!

Seeing you, touching you, holding you tight,

Don't you feel at this moment, lost through the night,

Feeling your heart beating close to my heart,

Even closer together, when we're apart,

Nothing else matters its true,

You loving me, and me loving you,

Don't it make you feel good?

When you've found somebody to love

Warming your hands in the glow of the fire,

And you're burning inside with the heat of desire,

Laying beside me, inside as we know,

The longer it lasts, the closer we grow,

(Feel good inside!)

(Nothing to hide!)

(Feel good inside!)

(Nothing to hide!)

I liked it when I was unemployed, then I could watch Neighbours twice a day. I even started watching old Neighbours on UK Gold.

I am a Neighbours enthusiast.

I was even incredibly gutted to find out that Alan "Dr Karl Kennedy" Fletcher is touring the UK again with "Waiting Room" when I'm on holiday. 21st of May I believe is the date of his gig in Glasgow, probably in the Walkabout on Sauchiehall Street.

I was watching 'House' on Five last night and was shocked and pleased to see that the guy that used to play Billy Kennedy - youngest son of Susan and Karl - is one of Hugh Laurie's student doctor pals.

Akin to Alan Dale - aka Jim Robinson - turning up in '24'.