Peerie Shop Cafe

Sparky4mm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know whats going on with the Peerie Shop now? I've maybe missed something but a couple of weeks ago I was aware of a new manager being in place but in this weeks paper they are saying there is no manager?

I have certainly noticed a difference in the speed of service now and the overall atmosphere of the place:)

I don't know, now its back on form I'm getting served a lot faster. One time a wee while ago I waited 45 mins for my dinner and when it came we had to put our own fillings in the paninis and they forgot our drinks! Wouldn't mind this kind of thing if it was actually busy but at the time it was quiet and there were 3 folk serving behind the counter not doing a whole lot!

Welcome back the good old peerie cafe:) :) :)

• 2 months later...

we went to the peerie shop cafe and to be honest it is overpriced and poor service. we had soup to start and it was good but our main dish came at the same time (not so good) my wife who hates cheese had grated cheese stuck to bottom of her otherwise tasty looking chicken mayo sandwich. Poor preparation and cleaning down in between orders. I hope this cross contamination is only with the cooked ready to eat food and not carried on with raw and cooked food.probably won't be back.

^^^ I think you might be confusing the cafe with a restaurant. I don't recall there being starters and entrees, just a list of things to eat. You order, sit down and what you ordered arrives. The inclusion of the bits of cheese in the chicken dish is a little concerning for the reasons you state - I've not tried that dish, but are you sure it wasn't supposed to have cheese in it? I guess it wouldn't have been chosen had you known.

I go in occasionally for soup and coffee and wouldn't expect restaurant type seervice, although it is a mite pricey compared to other quick cafes.

teeaybee

grated chese stuck on the outside of the bread is certianly not part of the dish of chicken mayo sandwich and maybe it is a cafe without a restaurant like status but soup in any cafe /restaurant or eaterie is usually a starter eaten before the main part of the meal even if it is only a sandwich. The food was good but service poor