CCTV

oor_wullie

CCTV  

40 members have voted

1. 1. CCTV

• yes
    • no

I think he was self employed..and, further training or a refresher is all that is required. In this instance..it is classed as a near miss.

In this instance it should be classed as 'nothing whatsoever happened'

If, for example, the guy had dropped a hammer, and it fell to the ground missing someone by a few inches - that would be a near miss.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not think I said CCTV was a good thing if opened to abuse, in some folks minds, but I was imlying that the sudden increase in CCTV is a result of other folks attitude towards others wishes.

Driving without insurance for instance is a whole lotta selfishness.

It causes no end of problems, so these folk NEED to be taken offa the road in the legal state they are in and addressed.

A near miss, is when someone has to step over the machinery in question. Or has to side step a camera box at the top of stone steps.

To say it is nothing, ok, against procedure, if that is the wording you may be looking for?

CCTV is here, get to see it in action and then comment, tis all fear mongering, nothing has happened yet, really....

I know the papers are full of folks letters, highlighting their fears of this...

Maybe then someone may address it....

Are the council meetings held in camera?

back to CCTV did anyone else expect them to be a lot bigger by the size o poles that were put up? They dont look that big to me...but then again they are up high....and im not very tall so maybe they just look small to me?

The ones we have here vary in size between cricket ball size and football size. (Round so that they can rotate easily.)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii92/pasha_9/cctv.gif

^Are you sure they're not round so that you cannot tell which way they are looking?

/haven't seen 'em

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

^Are you sure they're not round so that you cannot tell which way they are looking?

/haven't seen 'em

There's that too, but those are usually hidden within a darkened glass visor.

:roll: Coastie hasn't seen them either..... :shock:

:D :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6862398.ece

Britain, already one of the most snooped-upon nations on Earth, is about to become a nation of snoopers.

A network of citizen crimewatchers will be given the chance of winning up to £1,000 by monitoring CCTV security cameras over the internet.

The cameras’ owners will pay a fee to have users watch the footage. The scheme, Internet Eyes, is being promoted as a game and is expected to go “live†next month with a test run in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Subscribers will be able to register free and will be given up to four cameras to monitor.

Well, that didn't long!

Mate of mine just posted this on Facebook (he is the Alex Deane referred to).

Just in case anyone thought I might actually read the Sun!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2677993/Shocking-rise-in-the-use-of-CCTV-cameras-in-Scotland.html

Shetland Islands Council, one of Scotland's smallest local authorities, have 30 more CCTV devices than San Francisco Police Department, who have just 71.

• 1 month later...

^^ Probably not. After all who's going to sit and watch the monitors, those who will jump at the chance of the job are the very curtain-twitching, stirring gossips who should not be allowed within 100 yards of the monitors in the first place, and anyone that is of character that would do the job responsibly is only likely to accept such a boring soul destroying job if there's a gun to their head.