Nintendo Wii

I like the Wii, it is quite a good gadget to keep you fit.

I like playing the Wii Sports, my favourite one is golf, I always get a birdie and an eagle in it, my skill level is 781. I also like tennis, baseball and bowling.

I just lost my professionalism in bowling, I was 1036 and I dropped to 983. :cry: .

I quite enjoyed Zelda's Twilight Princess. It is the only game that I've completed since the first two Zelda's many, many moons ago. Other than that I play Big Brain Academy every now and then. My 9 year old quite likes the Wii Sports but he's banned from boxing because he gets far too angry at it!

• 2 weeks later...

Animal Crossing... what a load of steaming guff. You don't shoot anything (it would improve things immensely if you could), blow anyone up, stab anybody or drive recklessly mowing down innocent bystanders by the dozen. Then there's the mind numbing elevator music playing throughout and the wibbly worbling in Wiispeak just to top things off. Argh!

/Didn't buy it for meself BTW. It was a present for a little 'un who absolutely loves it to bits... so I cannae stick it in the microwave and be done with it :wink:

//Ah, that's better!

Animal Crossing... what a load of steaming guff. You don't shoot anything (it would improve things immensely if you could), blow anyone up, stab anybody or drive recklessly mowing down innocent bystanders by the dozen. Then there's the mind numbing elevator music playing throughout and the wibbly worbling in Wiispeak just to top things off. Argh!

/Didn't buy it for meself BTW. It was a present for a little 'un who absolutely loves it to bits... so I cannae stick it in the microwave and be done with it :wink:

//Ah, that's better!

Well, the thing that was good about Animal Crossing (you know, before Nintendo made the same game four times.. [64DD in Japan, GameCube, DS and now Wii]) was tormenting your fellow villagers. Posting horrible notices on peoples doors was quite funny. Oh and teaching them swear words, that kind of thing :P

Its weird, the Wii has given me my favourite game in the last decade... But at the same time I can't stand it. Mario Galaxy is an astounding achievement and without fan gushing its one of the few reasons to buy the console. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, No More Heroes, MadWorld, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami and Mario Kart Wii (with a proper control method :P) are all stand outs.

But the amount of casual shovel ware on that console makes me sick to my stomach. I miss the old Nintendo days, which is why I mostly play on my 360, PS3, DSi and my PSP these days. At least on those there's some solid games.

I'm totally tl;dr'ing here.

• 1 year later...