Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

Had some visitors up last week and went here for lunch- hadn't been there for years. It was kinda drab then and I can't say my opinions changed too much. My Dad had soup of the day and I have never seen soup like it! It was devoid of moisture and so thick his spoon could actually stand upright in it - took a photo to capture the moment! Having said that, rest of the meals were passable, but can't say I'll be rushing back!

Every since seeing a burst sewer pipe outside the back door of the Raba and all the kitchen and waiting staff walking through it then back into the building I haven't eaten there!! Gurka Kitchen is amazing!! Chicken Passanda is great very mild but better than Korma!! Highly recommended! Also house white wine yum!!!

Me and TBH were up in Eshaness last helly and heid a feed. Min, hit wis da braw, I heid da Steak we a garlic butter sauce ting, da steak wis splendid, I doot locally sourced mit is da wye ta go.

TBH heid da fish which seemed very fresh, she tocht hit wis loffly. :)

Keep up da guid wirk, Christine an her staff. ps service was very guid too an staff very polite. Cheers v much.

Went for lunch at Busta House a couple of weeks ago won't be going back. Chefs Pate was tasteless with an 80's garnish then I had the unfortunate Cod which was a few days of being fresh covered in a sauce to hide the fishy flavour and smell but didn't, it was presented skin down again with 80's style salad the availability of produce on Shetland stretches past a bit of iceberg. Didn't bother with dessert wasn't that game. My friends both had steak both grossly overcook and 1 was supposed to be bleu! So after reading all the comments about Busta House perhaps my expectations were too high but a cafe would do better and have done in Lerwick.

Hey faraway!

Thanks for the review. Quite strong, no?

Here, tell me what - do you want to make further reviews of other establishments in Shetland? You know, make a fair representation of your opinion ..

.. that'd be good. I had wondered about eating in Scalloway. Do you think there's any where I could eat well there .. and I dunna mean a mince pie doon by da burn beach!?!