Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

I also had the large lamb kebab at Flames, and I was disapointed with the size of the portion.

I was pretty hungry after a long hard day, so I went for the large portion thinking that I could easily leave what I didn't want, but I could have eaten two portions. I was sure they had given me a small portion by mistake, and nearly went back to ask them.

The lamb was a bit dry, but it was tasty. Will probably try them again at some point, but I be keeping the Red Dragon menu handy just incase.

Has the speed of service improved with Flames at all? My sister went there before having to catch a boat south because she didn't want to try the boat food and ended up getting a refund because her meal wasn't ready in time. I know someone else who's had a similar problem.

When I was home in March I ended up at the Scalloway Hotel two days in a row - it was PHENOMENAL. :D Food was pricey but really good value for money and the service was great too.

Has the speed of service improved with Flames at all? .

When I was there it was a short wait and the service was fine.

I have been to Oslas 4 times this year, good food. Terrible service and it wasnt even busy. We had to ask for order to be taken. We did say that the service could be improved the waitress just screwed up her face.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Lerwick hotel. Service was [mod edit - "not very nice"]! One of the starters never arrived untill the rest of the group had finished theirs, one of the starters was nearly cold. The main course came in dribs and drabs, we waited ages for pudding menu, the sweets eventually arrived. We never even got offered cheese board or coffee! Guess who never left a tip!! The food wasnt even that good. Quite expensive for what we had, i do not mind paying for good food and fine service, and service with a smile!

(*** mod edit - threads merged ***)

Just back from the Lerwick hotel. Service was [mod edit - "not very nice"]! One of the starters never arrived untill the rest of the group had finished theirs, one of the starters was nearly cold. The main course came in dribs and drabs, we waited ages for pudding menu, the sweets eventually arrived. We never even got offered cheese board or coffee! Guess who never left a tip!! The food wasnt even that good. Quite expensive for what we had, i do not mind paying for good food and fine service, and service with a smile!

(*** mod edit - threads merged ***)

Would it be fair to assume then that you said all of the above to the waiting staff at the time to be passed on to the Manager and the Head Chef, or did you just smile and say 'everything was lovely,' and come home to post it under an anonymous pseudonym? Just wondered.....

Maybe so, and if they were that unhappy then they may not be that fussed, they're probably not paid enough to care. But if you have a complaint then you should voice it to be passed on to someone who does, like a Manager, rather than saying nothing at the time and then blurting it to the world. If you complain and they still don't seem to care then fair enough, but at least give them a chance.

As I saw in a restaurant somewhere "If you don't like our food tell us, if you do like our food tell everybody."