Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

Guest posiedon
daveh

It will get to the stage where, apart from charity shops, there will be almost as many shops closed as there are open.

Use it or lose it springs to mind.

I believe the Hungarian place only served one thing, some kind of pancake? Not a very good business plan.

Talking of use it or lose it, I've often wondered why Flames is unusually empty most of the time? As far as I can see they've done everything right and the food/menu is good. A location thing?

Re - location - Once/(if) Mareel opens then Flames wil be "quids in". Hopefully they can hold out a bit longer.

Re - location - Once/(if) Mareel opens then Flames wil be "quids in". Hopefully they can hold out a bit longer.

Yeah possibly, although the museum cafe has kept busy without M with people going there specifically for food, so I don't get why flames isn't?

Yeah possibly, although the museum cafe has kept busy without M with people going there specifically for food, so I don't get why flames isn't?

I reckon once M opens the hoi polloi will frequent

Well, that wasn't opened too long.

It will get to the stage where, apart from charity shops, there will be almost as many shops closed as there are open.

As Poseidon said use them or lose them!

The problem with 'the street' is so many premises are unavailable to buy! The older generation are keeping hold of their premises(nothing wrong with that) and charging high rents for there use. Add the council business 'rates' charge to that then why would any young budding retailer want to start up in business. Thats not even including the threat of the internet and Tesco(old argument I know but still a fact) or the times of osterity that we live in. Several people have tried but its just not worth the risk thats blatantly obvious to anyone really.

'The Street' is only going to get worse, certainly in the near future which is an absolute shame.

Anyway, sorry I know thats off topic!

'The Street' is only going to get worse, certainly in the near future which is an absolute shame.

What puts me off the street is parking - pay on the pier, hillhead then negotiate lanes, or circle trying to get a free space. Just easier nipping into bolts or tesco...