Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

Guest tiodylb17
^ Sometimes 'needs improvement' can be something as simple as a fan needing cleaning, can't it?

Nup, I'd be a little concerned if a place serving food ready to eat "needs improvement".

Why ?

Because I've never worked anywhere that hasn't passed. Known folk fined for silly things but they've all passed.

Butchers are different, it can be as little as the inspector not liking wooden boards, but places serving food... I'd be a little concerned. But not seen any improvement needed on any where I'd eat in anyway.

Guest tiodylb17

They havent passed but it doesnt say they failed either , so im not sure how we can judge them when it could be something very simple that needs improvement , id be more concerned if they had all passed , at least this shows that the system works and improvements are being made.

They havent passed but it doesnt say they failed either , so im not sure how we can judge them when it could be something very simple that needs improvement , id be more concerned if they had all passed , at least this shows that the system works and improvements are being made.

But the only way you do fail if its something major such as no hot water or infested with rats. So some of the places that need to improve could be quite bad as its only in extreme circumstances they fail.

I ken places that are actually marked as passed but if the food standards saw behind the scenes the places would have ben shut down.

Such as not washing glasses wi sanitiser, leaving food out all day on a low heat then pitting it in the fridge to be used again the next day. Not putting all kitchen items through the dishwasher. Cooking out a home not checked and being brought into the public as made in checked certified premises. And these are places you would never think was other than clean. Then the one that gets me the most, going from putting dirty dishes in and then in dishwasher area not washing hands and grabbing your plate with same hands or worse yet your cutlery by the top end not the stem. YUCK!!! And no sanitation of food areas with it left dirty and food splattered for a day or two before someone who will actually clean comes back to work.

And then there are the wee ones that do it by the book but as it's considered a dive they are automatically suspect.

I don't understand why when they are given a complaint they call ahead and

warn the premises. Wouldn't it make sense to appear unannounced? So you can see just to what extent it goes. And anyway that "pass" scheme was from last year and it was a sort of freebee and was sent out just at begin of summer for tourist season.

So not worth the paper written on.

Oops!! Sorry folks:) rant over lol

Oh well off the soap box for the rest of the day.

There is one place that is on that list that says it passed yet when I was in there they were having a meeting behind where I was sitting about things like the correct types of cleaning products and things that needed improvement. Listening the the excuses was quite amusing. But saying that the food tasted fine and I'm not dead yet!

Guest tiodylb17

But the only way you do fail if its something major such as no hot water or infested with rats. So some of the places that need to improve could be quite bad as its only in extreme circumstances they fail.

Your completely missing my point none of the places have failed , i would consider it a failure when they are forced to close and have a sign in the window stating that they have failed , but thats not the case here.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had earlier THE most abysmal cone of chips EVER from the Happy Haddock. The "chips" (well the few i had in my cone apart from hard crumbs that is) were dry, bland, looked like reheated leftovers from the day before and tasted like cardboard, suffice to say the rest got chucked in the bin...all that joy in a cone for an increased price of £1.10.

I had given them the benefit of the doubt as just last week had similar chips in a supper, so a word to the gaffer there is going to be on my agenda, as well as a rant on here.