Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

Now I am leaving Tatties and Point I would like to thank everybody for their comments and views.

I feel I have left the shop in good hands and the new proprietors have said they will continue the good work that I have put in over the last 17 months, the burgers will stay and allthe fine fillings will be around.

Best wishes to you all expect the idiot on FBook with his £5 thing about the

Tattie Shop who prices have no increased since I took over in Aug 2011 once again a really warm thank you to everybody and a Happy New Year

PS To my landlord I havent given you my termination yet

Pat (Not an Englishman) Marley

Does anyone know if Sarmille dishes are gluten free? If so has anyone tried them who has Coeliac or a gluten intolerance? Always used Ghurka in the past with no problems but the last 3 takeaways have been of very poor quality indeed so thinking to try somewhere different.

For god sake just ask them. Sorry if I seem mean but why ask us When I am sure they will tell you.

Does anyone know if Sarmille dishes are gluten free? If so has anyone tried them who has Coeliac or a gluten intolerance? Always used Ghurka in the past with no problems but the last 3 takeaways have been of very poor quality indeed so thinking to try somewhere different.

For god sake just ask them. Sorry if I seem mean but why ask us When I am sure they will tell you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your reply Orkneypaul it was very helpful.

^ Do you mean Somali(an)? A quick Google search threw up some information. I think you'd be best off erring on the side of caution as some dishes may well be gluten free whereas others won't.

Sarmile is an indian takeaway in Lerwick. Google it.

Well, it didn't come up on my search but cheers, I didn't know. My apologies go to the OP.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a chip supper from the harbour chip shop tonight and it was very good. The first time I've been in since it was "Ian's "

A plate full of good sized chips freshly cooked, politely served in a very clean shop. Will be back again.

The last chips I had from the Happy Haddock ended up in the bin as it was a plate of small hard bits with very little eatable sized chips.

Will need to do a run to Brae to check out Frankies soon.