Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

So had our meal at the Lerwick hotel last night. Went for the steaks(as usual) and it was fab! The husband had a scrummy looking slice of tart for his pudding and it looked delish! If I hadn't have been stuffed I would have had also! Top marks for Lerwick hotel from us as usual. They woman serving(seemed to be manager) was very friendly.

And yes....(naughty I know) but after standing watching the procession and getting soaked we decided to grab a cone of chips from the happy haddock. They were delish! So fresh!

Good to get some positive feedback on the local eateries!

Steak, however, albeit that I like steak immensely, is about as easy a meal to cook as one could imagine, isn't it? Get a decent cut, don't incinerate the veg, get a nice red and Bob's your mother's brother. All within about 15 minutes too with a red wine reduction to boot!

Just been to Busta for a meal in the bar. Nice food, if a little expensive, but with the long room ambience etc, it is a welcome change to what is invariably a Lerwick food lottery.

Oxna

quote="piggywiggie"]So had our meal at the Lerwick hotel last night. Went for the steaks(as usual) and it was fab! The husband had a scrummy looking slice of tart for his pudding and it looked delish! If I hadn't have been stuffed I would have had also! Top marks for Lerwick hotel from us as usual. They woman serving(seemed to be manager) was very friendly.

And yes....(naughty I know) but after standing watching the procession and getting soaked we decided to grab a cone of chips from the happy haddock. They were delish! So fresh!

Totally agree with Oxna. At Busta you get decent food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere and surroundings and great company. And some pretty good wines (or choice of whiskey) if that is your preference.

The Long Room and the Library add a lot to the whole evening's experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I see The Golden Coach mentioned.

I haven't sat in for a long time - since it first moved there. The prices went up (fair enough), but the portion sizes went down, and I paid quite a lot of money for not very much food.

Have the portion sizes improved, or should I stick to getting takeaways from there?