Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

http://www.drumquinguesthouse.co.uk/

Went there for a meal the other night and it was absolutely fantastic !

I could not fault the place. Lovely dining room, service was excellent and food superb.

Went for the 2 course option and was just as well because there was no way

you could squeeze a pudding in, it would have had to have gone in a doggie

bag to take home.

No licence, but not a problem, take your own wine.

Lovely selection of soft drinks, some i'd never heard of before.

Would recommend this place to anyone :)

Everyone has different tastes, that's why I asked for recommendations!

Go for their Salt and Pepper squid or ribs , either are amazing starters and the Singapore Noodle is the best in Shetland by miles , not sure if it's on the menu but ask and you shall receive .

Everyone has different tastes, that's why I asked for recommendations!

Go for their Salt and Pepper squid or ribs , either are amazing starters and the Singapore Noodle is the best in Shetland by miles , not sure if it's on the menu but ask and you shall receive .

Thanks! I shall try it. I do love squid! I bought octopus the other day.... No idea what I'm doing with it!

what dose folk think of the shetland hotel for food

I think it's excellent - good menu, good food in a good environent. I often hear "It's lik being sooth". They've upped their game with the Waterfront restaurant, much needed.

Drumquin Guest House as mentioned is also on my top list of eateries - fantastic dishes and puddings - don't overlook this hidden gem.

Great to see places that really make the effort.

Shetland hotel - I love the decor and the service is fine. Had some good food but some not great - eg greasy monkfish that's more batter than fish; ravioli that tasted fine but was badly presented by just being dumped into a bowl. Just needs a bit more attention to detail, but in general I'd take folk there with reasonable confidence. Good menu for families as there's a wide variety from snacks to big platters.

We went for lunch at Spiggie Hotel today - Excellent. 10/10!

Huge helpings of beautifully presented, very tasty food, served with a smile and a cheery word, washed down with a lovely real ale. Perfect.

The only problem was trying to choose between the desserts on the menu...

went for his home-made Brioche bread & butter pudding, served with a separate bowl of home-made ice cream.

Oh well - will just have to go back very soon to have the Sticky Toffee pudding - made with dates! :)

I went to the Waterfront at the weekend having never heard of it til a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking forwards to having an excuse to go for an evening meal again. I love the massive photos, the staff were attentive but not overly so, the menu had a good mix of safe and unusual (frogs legs were on the specials) and the prices were pretty good. We were both right satisfied with our meals - good portion size & presentation and lots of flavours.

Also, I was at Sumburgh Hotel a month or so ago and had as good a steak as I've had anywhere and the service was really good too.