Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

• 1 month later...

As for Da Kitchen Bakery - there might be good products there but the one thing I tried had fake chocolate rather than the real stuff, it reminded me of Scotbloc. They called it chocolate on the ingredients list, but it definitely wasn't. Put me off. I'd rather pay more and have decent ingredients.

I think what you had is officially known as "brown cake".  How depressing.  It looks like chocolate and it just isn't.

Sadly, many women think that adding more chocolate to something makes it faste better. Chocolate is generally the bit I cut off and throw away.

As for Da Kitchen Bakery - there might be good products there but the one thing I tried had fake chocolate rather than the real stuff, it reminded me of Scotbloc. They called it chocolate on the ingredients list, but it definitely wasn't. Put me off. I'd rather pay more and have decent ingredients.

I think what you had is officially known as "brown cake".  How depressing.  It looks like chocolate and it just isn't.

Sadly, many women think that adding more chocolate to something makes it faste better. Chocolate is generally the bit I cut off and throw away.

Oh god, I am NOT suggesting they add more of that god-awful fake stuff that they use. No way. Any of that is WAY too much.

Nothing at all. They are in business to sell their food. The problem for me, and perhaps I am alone, is that when you go to different restaurants you could be looking at the same dessert menu. I don't want a plate with a chocloate coated rose petal on it, a slice of apple pie would be wonderful. If I liked sticky toffee pudding i probably would be less grumpy about it, but I don't like chocolate either so the menu starts getting a bit thin.

Ignore me, I probably just need some sugar!

Support your local shop - a refrain I often hear.

I bought an avocado from mine at the weekend, and cut it open when I got home to find it full of black areas. I am not saying that it had been hanging around the shop for a long time, but I think that it was old enough to go to school!

I suppose it looked fine to you when you bought it,or it would have gone back on the shelf, so why would it appear any other to shop assistant who served you.

Many a time fruit can appear fine until you go to use it.

Bit of bad luck,probably not entirely the shops fault.

Edited by Urabug