Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

• 1 month later...
Bacon roll fae Lizzie's cafe! You'll never upstage it!!!!!!
Where's that?

Mmm, showing my age here! Was where Last Ditchology used to be, the original harbour cafe.

But what's the best Indian take away/restaurant in Zetland? Raba / Sarmile / Spice of India / The Brae one? Peter Gear, you are the accepted authority on such matters. Please enlighten us

Sarmile does it for me! Some of their Nepalese dishes are wonderful, pity it's only a takeaway.

Sarmile is amazing... we went there the other night for a takeaway and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of food.... we will certainly be going back there again!

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to the kebab place (next to Rod n' Line) last night for my weekly Thursday night out dinner (after orchestra!).

Fan-bloody-tastic - it needs lots of support not racist attacks from yobs! - and the food is delicious!

Meat was beautiful, succulent and the whole meal was perfect. Could not fault it in any way - and I've had some really nasty (and nice) kebabs in my day!

Frances

Just been to the kebab place (next to Rod n' Line) last night for my weekly Thursday night out dinner (after orchestra!).

Fan-bloody-tastic - it needs lots of support not racist attacks from yobs! - and the food is delicious!

Meat was beautiful, succulent and the whole meal was perfect. Could not fault it in any way - and I've had some really nasty (and nice) kebabs in my day!

Frances

I keep promising myself that I will go there and I constantly forget. I must remember to tie a knot in something .... erm, how will I remember that?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had a kebab from the kebab shop. Excellent, although I had to blitz it in the micro as I like my food very hot. The chilli sauce was a bit hot for me. I used to have the lamb faal at the indian but since my sinuses got sorted I go to the other end of the menu now :oops: Service was good too. Happy smiling helpful staff :D

• 4 weeks later...
The food reviews in the Shetland Life are bang on. At last someone is publishing what we are all thinking.

No they aren't.

Nobody has sought my opinion therefore they do NOT know what I am thinking. Yours is the sort of comment that gets me annoyed.

For the record, I've often wondered what qualifications/specialties/experience the reviewers have in order to pass judgment on something that can have a bearing on a lot of people. No doubt some readers of said reviews may be swayed by what they say and choose not to eat somewhere by virtue of what's been written.