Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

Then review when the new team is in the place. The people from the college booked dinner for visiting dignitaries but not at the Da Haaf their own place but another, so that should tell you that the people at the college who run the college don't want to eat. Let people review places on there own. Adverts can be placed in the Shetland Times before 12pm on Tuesdays I believe so lets leave this thread alone until someones eats at Da Haaf and leave a review on their own.

Guest Anonymous
Then review when the new team is in the place. The people from the college booked dinner for visiting dignitaries but not at the Da Haaf their own place but another, so that should tell you that the people at the college who run the college don't want to eat. Let people review places on there own. Adverts can be placed in the Shetland Times before 12pm on Tuesdays I believe so lets leave this thread alone until someones eats at Da Haaf and leave a review on their own.
Fair comment, my only hope is that any eaterie in shetland will look toward the basis of traditional shetland food with a modern twist.

scalloway hotel restaurant on friday night. Absolutely amazing food, the best i've had in shetland for a long time. smoked salmon, rocket and onion marmalade was fabulous followed by halibut with some sort of blue cheese sauce was even better. presentation, service and quality were all top notch but the highlight of the evening was watching my other half eat the crab claws... most of the meat and shells ended up on the table next to us. :D

^^^ Might need to get down there when I'm next home in August :)

I'm still going to recommend the Eshaness Cafe also - we went there for my birthday and the food was brilliant. My granny had to ask for a small portion of cold meat and salad and for the gristly to be left off, and they were more than willing to accommodate her. Great food, great service - although my mam reckons they could vary the menu a bit more.

Eshaness Cafe must have improved. Last time we were there for Sunday lunch, it was dreadful. The general comment was that we wished we had stayed at home! Sorry.

Cold, boring and uninterested although it was in the winter so they were not catering for tourists.

Hopefully they have pulled up their socks.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THE DAHAAF WILL HAVE ONE THING IN MIND AND THATS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, QUALITY OF FOOD AT A REALISTIC PRICE.

"Caps Lock, When being a prat isn't enough"

Okay not everyone in the new team have started, hairy muff, but when they do will things really improve? Returning to the bacon roll, when the wonderfull, sweet Isobel Christie run "The DAHAAF" you got a really tasty, fresh, soft morning roll. Now you get a soggy , still frozen on the bottom burger bap. A burger bap! The fine posters of Shetlink might think that I'm joking, but I'm not.

Did you know yammy750 , that you can go to the Kiln Bar and get a fresh roll, with Bacon, Sausage, Egg and Cheese. For £2? Or for 20p more get microwaved bacon and a soggy roll in the DAHAAF?

Evening Folks.

Just back from an evening meal at the Lerwick Hotel and I'm stuffed.

Thought I'd put up a peerie report on the evening's as I didn't have the balls to say anything to the chef.

Anyways, as some family are up from south my grandfather decided to take us out out to dinner. The Lerwick hotel is our usual haunt as is the NAFC (Which they are off to the morn but I informed them about the poor reviews and pointed them to the Scalloway Hotel)

For a change I decided to have a meat based dish as I always have something from the sea.

Being a fan of italian dishes I opted for the Lasagne with a side order of fries.

Once the dish was on my table I was immediately struck by the quantity of cheese on the top.

On cutting the slab I found it hard to differentiate between the meat and pasta.

It certainly was filled with meat but was reminisant of what I used to eat at primary school.

Sadly the taste was also to bring back such memories.

Although I enjoyed it (I enjoy pretty much all food) I wasn't impressed with it. The cheese was overpowering and I had to remove a large quantity of cheese from the top during consumption. I couldn't taste any herbs at all, just cheese.

I'm assuming my 'fries' were the chips that came in the large communal bowl of chips for the steaks...

I understand such meals are pre made in a large dish and subsequently sliced up?

Another aspect which I particularly wasn't impressed with was the side salad. I'm just being picky here but the lettuce was too finally chopped to push onto the fork but was too big to scoop it on.

Everyone else seemed happy with the steaks they got but I found them to be a little tasteless. This could be due to them being more cooked than I like.

I had raspberry brulee for pudding which was 'interesting' but could certainly have done with more raspberries. I was most sad to see one's favourite Sticky Toffee Pudding wasn't there.

Overall...

I'm full ate what I was given but just wish I was able to be critical at the time...

Cheers folks...

Oh and giving a ceoliac wafer with his ice cream after he explicitly said no wafer is a big NO NO!

Cheers Folks

a sassermaet roll an pot o tae fae solottis canna be beat.

best curry - gurkha kitchen

best chinese - golden coach for sittin in, red dragon for take away

best fish n chips - da fort, ususally

i hae t say i quite fond o da museum cafe/resaurant too.

Guest posiedon

I thought you couldn't do any worse than "Ians" (when they were trading) I was wrong! Got fish and chips at Scalloway today, huge portion but..........well at least the birds enjoyed it.

Will not be going back.

I thought you couldn't do any worse than "Ians" (when they were trading) I was wrong! Got fish and chips at Scalloway today, huge portion but..........well at least the birds enjoyed it.

Will not be going back.

:?

From the Chinese takeaway? I thought they'd gone to entirely Chinese food.