Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

Recently went to the Scalloway hotel, disappointing as I had previously had really good meals there.

My fella took me out for a birthday meal at the Scalloway Hotel last week and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything was so pretty and decoratively laid out. (Presentation of food is very important to me) The waitress was very pleasant and helpful although she did look a bit gutted that we didn't order a bottle of wine (he was driving and I'm still nursing so I was limited to a glass of house). My only complaint was that the gravy tasted a bit like it came out of a package, but 5 out of 5 for the rest of the meal (mulled wine, melon and winter berry starter, Xmas dinner, Xmas pudding with brandy sauce, coffee and mince pies!)

Will definitely return!

• 1 month later...

Im addicted to the thai chilli chicken its so tasty. its a brilliant alternitive to what we been used to here for years .

Shame they were refused a late liscence not all of us want a baked tattie when pubs get out a bit of choice would be immense....

(** mod edit ** - for commercial advertising please contact Shetlink through the contact form)

You should go back, they may have had a few teething troubles but they have the hang of it now. You can also ask them to increase/decrease the spicy content to suit your own needs, Thai cooking has always been better than any other Far Eastern dish, seems fresher and lighter, none of that stodge.

Try one of the lunch time boxes.

Been to the Maryfield and Osla's (in the evening) within the last week and both places were splendid.

Our whole group throughly enjoy the Maryfield - the staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. The food was great and served quickly in massive portions. And it's always an adventure taking the ferry and looking back at the town from the other side of the harbour. Fantastic.

Olsa's were also well represented by their staff. Again the food was spot on.

I'm probably a bit heavier now though as a result.... :lol:

Good work chaps!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the most amazing meal at the Walls Hall, Valentine's Fundraiser for the 1st Walls and District Scouts trip to the Netherlands.

We've all come home stuffed to the gills, even the fussiest eater.

So much choice including 2 veggie mains.

Had a bit of pretty much everything and couldn't fault a single dish.

If they do another (hint, hint ladies) would definitely recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...