Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

I was at Gurkha recently too. There is always a delay in getting starter but never much of a wait after that. I think if they have things from clay oven it takes longer. I love the food at the Gurkha. We can't go there often though it's usually only for a treat. Trying to start doing all this home cooking malarkey these days!

The last time I had one and it was a while ago because I just have cake now. It was actually a bacon sandwich. The bread was handcut one side was about 2" thick and the other paper thin. Plonked into it was a rasher of horrible reheated bacon. You could hardly pick the thing up.

But tell you what I might be heading North in a couple of weeks so will try one and give you my honest opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

So we had our meal at the Shetland hotel on Friday. The food was lovely and there was an excellent choice, however the portion size in comparison to the price was not great. The fillet steak was £19.95 but this did not include your garni, choice of sauce £2.50 for a very tiny jug, or your chips £1.50 and it was served in a small metal bucket. Yes it looks nice but it disguised the fact that there wasn't a lot of chips in the, packed with a napkin little bucket. The steaks are served on a wooden chopping board? which was unsuitable if you wanted to pour your sauce over food. The service was good friendly and fast although it was a random waiter or waitress, there seemed to be no set servers for any area so they were running about a bit. It was a folk festival night and quite busy. The puddings were equally as good but again very small portions for the price. We shared a started and had to ask for plates, i guess they are still finding their feet, don't think they've been quite so busy for quite a long time. So to sum it up, great food great choice but don't expect a lot apart from the bill, £70 for us both and I don't drink.