Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

New menu at "Paparazzi's" is quire interesting. I tried the Desperado burger the other day.

Closest thing to Man Vs Food style eating you're likely to find in Lerwick. Had a take out, so can't vouch for the table service (Osla's was notoriously slow). Anyway, the burger was easily the best (and most imaginative) I've had in Shetland, stealing the crown from my former favourite, the one and only Jalapeño burger from the Relish van.    

972628_10203069945844797_1284826495_n.jp

I'm sodded if I'm going to Stirling just for a burger:

http://www.paparazzibistros.com/locations.asp

New menu at "Paparazzi's" is quire interesting. I tried the Desperado burger the other day.

Closest thing to Man Vs Food style eating you're likely to find in Lerwick. Had a take out, so can't vouch for the table service (Osla's was notoriously slow). Anyway, the burger was easily the best (and most imaginative) I've had in Shetland, stealing the crown from my former favourite, the one and only Jalapeño burger from the Relish van.    

972628_10203069945844797_1284826495_n.jp

I've just realied it's still under the same ownership it has been for the past 10 years or so, although the maet sounds good I'll be staying away.

is the double decker bus / cafe still in Unst ? I saw it once on a trip North but unfortunately it was not open.

I seem to mind there was one at Toft years ago.

Bus is still there but closed, and thought I could mind a trailer at toft at wan time.

The gutcher cafe is opening again and it was always busy between ferries, and it just seems to me that if the burger vans can make a profit where they are (Gremista, Sellaness, Brae that I know of) based on mainly lunchtime trade, the obvious potential customers waiting between ferries (something a lot more common again now with the new timetables) must be a good thing?

Is the bus at Toft permanently closed, or just not open yet for the summer?

I may be wrong, but I believe the buses at Toft are for transporting passengers, That's why you can never smell bacon as you go past them.....

But if you talk to Hamish nicely, he might give you half of his lunchtime cheese sarnie and a coffee from his flask.  :thmbsup

Edited by Scorrie

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...