Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

Guest tiodylb17

Anyone know what the story is with the baked tattie shop ? A few times recently ive been in town and noticed its never open even at lunch time.

It used to be very popular so cant understand why its never open ???

Anyone know what the story is with the baked tattie shop ? A few times recently ive been in town and noticed its never open even at lunch time.

It used to be very popular so cant understand why its never open ???

Hi, re Tattie Shop. It came up in conversation last week, that its only now open late on Fridays and Saturdays and not at all through daytime/week. Reason unknown. 

Guest tiodylb17

Shame that as at one time it was a very popular takeaway and did a reasonable lunch , tea time trade, I would say that it did go down hill a bit with the choice of fillings available as before , maybe that coupled with a change in eating habits has led to it demise.

I've had many, many excellent meals on the Toft to Ulsta ferry.

A superb range of chocolate bars and crisps, plus langoustine, roast suckling pig basted with red wine, braised Shetland lamb and 16oz sirloin steak are all available from the vending machine.

This coupled with the hand-crushed coffee beans, Assam tea, Pouilly Fumee, Bolly and Chateau Clerc Milon 2010 available from the drinks machine lead me to believe that this ferry is the finest dining experience available anywhere in the world.

Just make sure you can eat and drink it all in 14 minutes........  :cool:

Don't forget, everything that comes out of the vending machines is stone cold, including the langoustine, suckling pig (Still suckling because it's just been born that morning), braised Shetland lamb that was supplied by Tesco and labled "British" and the 16oz sirloin steak that only weighs 16oz when it's uncooked and still in the Tesco bag along with the spuds, a can of export and 20 fags. How they ever get 20 big, fat fags that all claim they're straight in one bag, I don't wish to know?!?!

A superb range of chocolate bars and crisps, plus langoustine, roast suckling pig basted with red wine, braised Shetland lamb and 16oz sirloin steak are all available from the vending machine.

This coupled with the hand-crushed coffee beans, Assam tea, Pouilly Fumee, Bolly and Chateau Clerc Milon 2010 available from the drinks machine lead me to believe that this ferry is the finest dining experience available anywhere in the world.

Is that all! i hear a waiter in tails greets passengers on boarding the Bressay ferry with complimentary caviar and truffles on a silver platter. 

Is that all! i hear a waiter in tails greets passengers on boarding the Bressay ferry with complimentary caviar and truffles on a silver platter. 

Exactly.

Another example of the SIC chucking money at those close to Toon at the expense of decent services for those on the Outer Isles.

B*&%$rds.    :cry:

Exactly.

Another example of the SIC chucking money at those close to Toon at the expense of decent services for those on the Outer Isles.

B*&%$rds.    :cry:

haha chucking money at those close tae the toon, we pay the same ferry fair for bressay as the whalsay folk do.