Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

• 1 month later...

Went to that mobile Thai takeaway in Voe the other weekend.

Absolutely outstanding! Really nicely cooked fresh food it was worth fighting through the midges to get there.

Have just taken this weekends opening times off the Facebook page.

Hello everyone, this weekends opening times and locations are:

Friday - Lower Voe 5pm
Saturday - Sandwick 1pm
Sunday - Lower Voe 2pm

We hope to see you all again this weekend, thank you!

• 8 months later...

Shetland baker - I won't name you - there is no need to dip all of your range of cakes in that stuff that tries to pass for chocolate. Some of us don't like it, but we do notice that they are the cakes that tend to hang around on the shop shelves the longest. I notice that your meat pies have no chocolate content - well done, carry on!

Bigmouth, I know exactly which baker you are talking about. They used to label the ingredients saying it was chocolate. It wasn't.

They did change it once it was pointed out, but it should not have had to be pointed out.

I tend to avoid their products nowadays as a result.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone tried the steak pies from Sandwick bakery? the middle sized one is £4.75 but well worth it. Put it in the oven for half an hour and you get a lovely flaky pastry top with large chunks of steak inside. The best steak pie I have had, and believe you me, I have eaten quite a few steak pies in my time.  

• 1 month later...

I've passed your kind comments on for the lass that makes the pies, 

it's good for folk to get positive feedback :)

I would like to thank the folk in Unst that make the Oceanic Oatcakes,

and the Wa'as Bakery Pinhead oatmeal oatcakes. :)

And the Stockans thick oatcakes and Beremeal oatcakes bakers in Orkney.

Guest Mr.Brown

Would anyone care to join my (so far) one person campaign for a regular supply of Sandwick Bakery jam doughnuts. It would seem their experience is that there has not been enough demand to make them more than once in a "blue moon". Just a regular once a week would do. They are delicious & unlike ones from certain other sources, not smothered in so much sugar you could get diabetes just from looking at them! Whoever is responsible for producing these very rare delicacies should get an MBE or something!

Guest Mr.Brown

My post, prayers or possibly my personal request a few weeks ago has been answered, at least partly. The rare beast, the "Sandwick Bakery jam doughnut" was on the shop shelves today!I say was as I bought the only 2 packets I saw (sorry,... no I'm not). Don't know if they are making a regular comeback but if any of these have escaped into the wild I strongly suggest you try them. Thank you bake shop!

• 5 weeks later...