Ear Piercing

tarotangel

I got my lugs pierced aged 11 at S&R Swanson's and my nose pierced at 16 at Sleeping Beauty. My sister got her lugs done at SB as well. I'm also not sure if Swanson's still does piercings or not, your best bet is to phone both establishments and ask.

Hope that helps :)

Just stand anywhere near my brother in-law, when he is throwing darts, while he is inebriated. It wont cost you anything ether. Mind you. You might get your noise and any where else done as well at the same time. You cant miss him in the pub he is the only one playing darts by himself

I always thought that piercings, other than ears could only be done on an individual 18 years old or more, or under supervision of a parent, I am sure, when I was in London a piercer was charged with ABH for not following that.

They were classed the same as tatoos, which you have to be 18 to get, again ABH...if under 18

Perhaps someone who legally practices piercings (ie have had their work place and work checkd by council or health officials and are certificated and insured) could clarify..

Edit

Found this...

http://www.beautytreatmentexpert.co.uk/law-relating-body-piercing-tattoos.html

My sister and I definitely had parental supervision when we got our ears pierced, but I was old enough to get my nose done by myself. Only just though - I got it done two days after I turned 16, and the women nearly didn't believe I was old enough :lol:

the law in scotland I understand is 14 for ear piercing without parental consent. Unfortunately, "parental" consent seems a bit vague, had a friend who's grandmother took out her 3 old daughter and returned her with pierced ears. Friend was understandably furious.

Found the policy at some piercing places quite contradictory, but when you have actual parents coming in with their 13year olds looking for belly button piercings (and I'm not talking Neds/Chavs) I'm sure it can be hard.

I'm still arguing with mine about whether or not she can mutilate her ears, so far I'm winning. fortunately she's seen a belly button that had MRSA (the lasses identical twin had no problems) so less worried there.

Must admit I quite like the skin jewels that Retros do, but not sure I could go through the pain of getting them out when I get bored...

Years ago when i was a teenager, my friends an i used to pierce each others ears, this was done by freezing lobe with ice pole then holding a tattie at back of lobe ,push through from front with sewing needle that had been sterilised by a fag lighter. Nowadays older and wiser i woud't recommed it.

Years ago when i was a teenager, my friends an i used to pierce each others ears, this was done by freezing lobe with ice pole then holding a tattie at back of lobe ,push through from front with sewing needle that had been sterilised by a fag lighter. Nowadays older and wiser i woud't recommed it.

Yeah, mine was also DIY and similar: button badge pin dipped in vodka, set on fire and birsed through. Although this works, it is definately not the right way to do it unless you want to wear a badge pin for a few weeks. Sterilised DIY is fine but you should use a piercing stud so that once it is through it stays. In my case after the piercing I had to push a normal stud through. Easy enough for the first layer of skin but finding the exit hole from the inside, ... :cry: