I can't believe there's not already a thread on this. Or maybe there is, I'm just missing something as usual...

Anyway...do Shetlinkers in general prefer cats or dogs?

I'm more of a dog person myself - when I was peerie I was terrified of them because most of them were bigger than me and knocked me over, but now I prefer them. Although I do like cats as well :)

Cats are entirely you-get-what-you-put-in'able,

You haven't met Filska. S/he couldn't have been more welcomed / wanted / loved / looked after in our family; scratch bite hiss scarper. Only now she's getting to be old will she sit on your lap for a maximum of one minute. Assume this is because of her wild genes (see above).

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6122/189536image009.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5127/a01ed.jpg

I love cats and a photo of one can say more than words. And can look so sarcastic sometimes :lol:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have a dog any day over a cat for various reasons. The main one being I'm allergic to them. I used to work in a care centre who had a cat that used to leave a nice wee surprise first thing in the morning. I went in one day and there was a half dead rabbit trying to crawl away fae the door and at least 3 still wriggling mice. Even sittin here remembering is giving me the heebies.

Cats every time: they're capable of at least some independent thought, they know the world doesn't revolve around their stomachs (it's actually about killing birds, wasps and ankles) and when they show you affection it's genuine and not because they think you'll feed them something :wink:

Cats every time: they're capable of at least some independent thought, they know the world doesn't revolve around their stomachs (it's actually about killing birds, wasps and ankles) and when they show you affection it's genuine and not because they think you'll feed them something :wink:

I agree!

And besides, dogs are icky. Smelly, dirty, icky creatures.

My parents have two cats and two dogs.

Its so difficult to say which is better. Dogs are far more rewarding to have, but they can be much more effort. They also cost a lot more to keep usually. But there is something about dogs which is pretty cool. One of the dogs they have is very clever actually, the other one is completely stupid... :D

If you're getting a dog though, getting the right breed for you is very important. Although a collie cross is usually a good choice for a first dog. Not too big, quite smart and easy to train and fairly reliable.

Cats do whatever they want, when they want to. The only want a fuss when they want it. But at the same time, they can basically take care of themselves apart from food and getting out.

one is completely stupid... :D

A Red Setter by any chance? They're thick as mince they are :wink:

She's a Labrador - collie cross, but she's as dumb as a post.

I have a Black Lab who will have her first birthday next month - she too is pretty daft, but better than she was.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a dog person rather then a cat person. Cats are kinda lazy and don't do much (except catch birds and do their business and sleep) and dogs are more fun.

Woof woof.

:D I like big dogs, I don't really like smaller dogs. It's daft though, 'cos I don't actually have a cat or a dog.