Hagersta Road

foogsie

And I was under the impression that any bit of road near any school had the speed reduced to 30 mph ect what’s changed.

I can think of a couple of Schools in Aberdeenshire where they're on the main A class road - but they have temporary limits of 20 mph past the school when the bairns aren't in class - breaks, lunch, hometime, etc.

This is exactly what happens past the primary school at the moment, there is a set of flashing orange lights on the main road past the school, so during breaks, morning and closing time there is a 20 mph limit past the school, BUT if you come onto the main road from the strom road, at this junction there is no light system, so you enter INBETWEEN the lights with no warnings, that has always seemed daft to me.

I understand there has been a lot of argee bargee between the landowner and 'one' local infamous objector who just likes to try and get one up him.

I think the road would have been built 20 years ago if it were not for the hassle.

I seem to recall being requested one morning about 20 years ago to patch up a fence alongside the stretch of road in question, after a vehicle travelling back from *censored* got a little confused on a corner and bounced through the ditch for a bit. *Censored* who occupied the land behind the fence came doon for a yarn, and along the way passed comment along the lines of "so long as it was adequate to keep his sheep in for a couple of years it would be fine. As this was going to be the next section upgraded" (Wormadale was work in progress at the time). Tis been a long couple of years.... :roll:

This stretch of road is in desperate need of upgrading and footpaths.

It is difficult if 2 large vehicles meet especially on a bend and with a number of young families in the area a pavement is a must. A couple of weeks ago I came around a corner to find a woman and pushchair on the road.

I noticed in The Times today that the earliest start date for this project is summer 2010 but could be a year later. Personally i don't think it will ever go ahead as long as the current situation exists, which is a great shame as it is a very unsafe stretch of road.

I totally disagree with Jonathan Wills when he says we can "ill afford" to spend money on this kind of project. Surely spending money bringing our roads up to a decent standard is money well spent.

Hopefully common sense will eventually prevail but i won't be holding my breath!!!

Guest Anonymous

^^^^

One would be too many. Which reminds me, if anybody finds a bit of a Berlingo in a ditch there, it's most likely mine. :wink:

Seriously, the main point about this stretch of road, as far as I can see, is the lack of safety barriers. So either way the upgrade must include those, because only Piltocks should be swimming in Wesdale Voe, not cars.

^ are you sugesting that every bit of road that there is an accident on is upgraded.

They upgraded the road through Cuningsburh to make it safer and before the paint of the white lines was dry Roosty was in da stank.

Yes it needs a foot path but that path does not need to follow the road exactly, I'm firmly Dr JW on this one.

• 4 weeks later...