Johnsmas Foy 2009

obinem

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this was put out to tender in January.

According to the tender the new site was to be operational by 1st April.

Anyone know if when you tender for council contracts, and dont get the job, is it policy to be told who actually gets it?

Anyone know if when you tender for council contracts, and dont get the job, is it policy to be told who actually gets it?

It is supposed to be an open process so the 'winner' of the tender shouldn't be a secret. Were you one of the tenderers? (is that a real word?)

What can I say?. Pathetic seems to be a good word when used to describe the website and if the Johnsmas Foy is in any way meant to attract visitors then I think they have missed the goalpost by at least 6 months. Even as a jolly for Shetland people the details are really late in coming. Is there really an organiser this year or just a date in the calendar?.

It is supposed to be an open process so the 'winner' of the tender shouldn't be a secret. Were you one of the tenderers? (is that a real word?)

Yes we did tender for the website contract, and i will openly say, given the time scale we would have had it up and running by the 1st April ( as long as the content of the site was passed to us by the department ).

We were told verbally by phone that we did not win the contract and that we would be notified in the near future of who the contract went to, and why they were best suited for the job, that was on January 19th, we are still waiting for this information.

Siffy wrote

We were told verbally by phone that we did not win the contract and that we would be notified in the near future of who the contract went to, and why they were best suited for the job, that was on January 19th, we are still waiting for this information.

Far too late if the Foy is intended to attract tourists. Almost feels like a cinema advertising that it shows films but you will have to wait until you get inside to discover what you will see.

Almost feels like a cinema advertising that it shows films but you will have to wait until you get inside to discover what you will see.

Believe it or not, that is something which does actually happen! It is a standard feature of cinema schedules in Berlin. The adverts read "Sneak Preview" and you have no idea what the film will be until the opening credits roll. It is apparently quite popular, though I never fancied trying it.

But something like 5 weeks before the event and there are still lots of blanks where there should be information. Was hoping to talk a friend into visiting at this time of year but I had nothing I could use to tempt him into visiting Shetland for the event at a time when cheap air fares were still available. One lost customer.