Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

Dave Clark has shown himself to be a bit of a bully. Jonathon Wills is entitled to stand up to this bullying and go public to expose it for what it is.

Regardless of whether it is 'proven' or not, i have no doubt that it took place.

It is fascinating that an enquiry into this whole affair is needing to take many weeks. Why?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Clark has shown himself to be a bit of a bully. Jonathon Wills is entitled to stand up to this bullying and go public to expose it for what it is.

Regardless of whether it is 'proven' or not, i have no doubt that it took place.

It is fascinating that an enquiry into this whole affair is needing to take many weeks. Why?

I think a month is a reasonable amount of time. When I investigated complaints for a Local Authority, I would usually give the Complainant notice that investigations would take approximately 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Investigator had other investigations running concurrently. In addition, the Investigator may wish to interview people, look at paperwork, phone bills, etc. In essence, I deem a month to be a reasonable timescale in order to carry out the investigations thoroughly and with due diligence (not to mention thinking up all the big words to fill up the end of a page, string a paragraph out and ensure that the punctuation and grammar is spot on :wink: ).

^^ Its the CE's job to bully the council, little moves ahead as is, but if he didn't bully them along we'd be at risk of going backwards. If Clark's railroading his "buddy" in to run the AHS review wasn't bullying, I dunno what is.

Clark just came on a little too strong a bit to soon, and one of the component parts of the council has taken umbrage at being railroaded, reared up on his henter feet and begun snapping back. Two large egos in one hus will always ding one another every so often and raise a few sparks.

"Councillor Caroline Miller also left the meeting." mmmmmm

what a twisted web he has weaved,

[mod](**mod edit** - such personal querying is neither necessary nor is it welcome on Shetlink)[/mod]

Clarified, to some extent, in this week's "Shetland Times" - page 6 - "Caroline Miller who has family involvement with Mr Clark".

^^ Already mentioned by Twerto a few pages back, but seems to have been ignored by the pro-Wills camp (clearly following thier leader in the "rules only apply if you want them to" school of thought)

Despite the allegations could it not be said that JW is in breach of the Councillors Code of conduct in how he has gone about things?

Mainly Section 3 found here -> http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2002/04/14492/2559

anyone else think using the police in this matter is abusing the service of the police.

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2009/09/26/sic-chief-executive-complains-to-police-about-misleading-information

they both sound like little boys running to the dinner lady saying miss miss Johnny did this to me.

I'm so glad that we have a highly trained professional and highly skilled counsellor.

maybe we should get the next post holders from a high school. then they may only have to deal with spots and girls.

and yet more moaning

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2009/09/26/three-councillors-under-investigation-over-code-of-conduct-complaints

sound like a full play ground fight.

i've heard of someone off on full pay for two years and then go back to work.

I think the best option is an instant termination of contract and worry about the consequences later! probably the cheapest option.

Whilst you may consider it to be the cheapest option, how would you feel if you had been accused of something then your employer decided not to investigate the allegations just because it would be cheaper not to investigate? I imagine you MIGHT be hot-footing it down to the nearest Solicitors to whack in a claim pronto! (or perhaps not?)

As I mentioned earlier, if any legal action did result, then the Council's Employer's Liability Insurers would pick up the legal bills.

Surely if people want the Council to behave sensibly and in an honourable fashion, then the matter should be investigated, as it would for any other member of staff (hopefully).