Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

Dr Wills wrote to the council’s 3,000 employees after a hearing found insufficient evidence to prove Mr Clark had said he would kick him in the teeth unless he stopped prying into his private life.

Wills said he was entitled to publish details of the hearing because it had been “one-sided†and breached his human rights by not allowing him to present evidence that would have demonstrated his allegations were true.

interesting.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr Wills wrote to the council’s 3,000 employees after a hearing found insufficient evidence to prove Mr Clark had said he would kick him in the teeth unless he stopped prying into his private life.

Wills said he was entitled to publish details of the hearing because it had been “one-sided†and breached his human rights by not allowing him to present evidence that would have demonstrated his allegations were true.

interesting.

Hurry up and get on with this please:

If the Good Doctor is telling the truth, then Dave Clark has been lying and should be sacked without any preamble or any financial severence package.

If the Good Doctor is bullturdting the public and can't prove his allegations, then it's immediate resignation for the Doc.

However, we would still stuck with a Chief Executive that I don't believe deserves to be in his current position.

Let's hope, that our venerable Council Members don't think Dave Clark is the only one around, who can sort out their toys for them.

The only money some of these people should be in charge of - is MONOPOLY :mrgreen:

Yes it would be very interesting to know what the evidence Cllr Wills has. I have said before, I do not believe him to be a liar...

Anyway I'm sure that has been discussed over and over by now. I wonder if the CE realises how little respect he now has in the public? I have yet to speak to anyone who is supporting him.

You really could not make up crap like this. http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq330/Redneck_Hillbilly0504/YawnAnimated.gif

It has been stated many times that the whole debacle is wonderful material for UHA. It seems to me that the real events are in fact so overly bizarre that satire is quite challenging. Squads may find that their stunts end up looking like factual documentaries ;-)

I wonder if the CE realises how little respect he now has in the public? I have yet to speak to anyone who is supporting him.

I wonder what the people you are speaking to have to say about his restructuring objectives themselves. What I keep hearing is that the idea of (and I paraphrase their words) "getting Willie to actually do something" was fine, but Clarke's manner of doing so was woefull.

I think that too many of the comments in this thread seem to take just two polar views, whereas the feeling on the street is more nuanced. There are many mixed views where aspects of each "side" are applauded and regretted.

I wonder what the people you are speaking to have to say about his restructuring objectives themselves. I think that too many of the comments in this thread seem to take just two polar views, whereas the feeling on the street is more nuanced.

That's all well and good, but the feeling I get from folk is that they can't believe someone of his position is being allowed to get away with some of the awful decisions/actions taken in his short term so far. ( not saying everything reported is true). I do feel, there has been a lot of damage done to his reputation (and the council's/Shetland's) and wonder can he ever now gaon the confidence of the public and the council??

I wonder what the people you are speaking to have to say about his restructuring objectives themselves. What I keep hearing is that the idea of (and I paraphrase their words) "getting Willie to actually do something" was fine, but Clarke's manner of doing so was woefull.

Agreed, the plan, the intent, the theory was great, brilliant....but OMG, the practice. :roll: Bulls, China Shops.... :shock:

the only thing that he has done with a positive outcome was getting the review through fast however it now seems his expert did not know the planning laws or whatever it is. how about a refund.

i really don't care if he gets drunk every night with a band of ladies of easy virtue. the only thing that he needs to do his the job he is paid to do. in a polite effective way. if his personal issues with Dr wills revolves around his dad then he should not have applied.

That's all well and good, ...

Yes, I don't disagree on that. The point I was mainly making concerns the outcome scenarios. Take the poll options on the How long before the Town Hall implodes? thread:

Will we see a solution to the current SIC problem

Yes - once Sandy gets the push

Yes - once Cllr Wills resigns

Yes -once the CE departs and Willie gets his job back

Not until there are wholesale elction changes

These are typical options for the discussions on Shetlink, but don't cover the views I am generally hearing. The most common hope I hear is "Wills stays. CE departs and is NOT replaced by Shannon, but by dependable "Mr Safe Hands" Graham Johnston.

I said a few Posts back, that I thought Dave Clark seemed to have been chosen for the Chief Executive position - very Post Haste.

The Council (deliberately, I believe) had left the selection process far too late, so late in fact, that I think it coincided with Morgan Goodland retiring, which then gave no real scope or time to find the fittest and the best person for this high-profile job, a job which should never be open to ridicule - ever.

The quality of the other candidates were it seems, just not good enough to be able handle the complexities inherant with this particular job (and especially with this particular Council).

Therefore, did we get a 'Shoo-in"?

If not, was he just all mouth and plans and an expert at knowing exactly what the Councillors wanted to hear, but in reality had no practical know-how on how to run a multi-million pound organisation.

Whatever is gonna be the next move by the major players, let the the Council realise that others could and would do the job without causing mayhem and risk appearing on the 'Bill'. :mrgreen:

Will we see a solution to the current SIC problem

Yes - once Sandy gets the push

Yes - once Cllr Wills resigns

Yes -once the CE departs and Willie gets his job back

Not until there are wholesale elction changes

These are typical options for the discussions on Shetlink, but don't cover the views I am generally hearing. The most common hope I hear is "Wills stays. CE departs and is NOT replaced by Shannon, but by dependable "Mr Safe Hands" Graham Johnston.

I couldn't argue with that outcome at all, perhaps should be added as an option on said poll?!

Whatever is gonna be the next move by the major players, let the the Council realise that others could and would do the job without causing mayhem and risk appearing on the 'Bill'. :mrgreen:

I'm sure there could be a whole 'bill' just for him!

Guest Anonymous
dalzell projects

trouble shooters, practitioners & advisers

Home

C Problems? »

Whatever your need,

Whatever your problem,

No matter how dire,

We can put things right!

Contact us NOW

comes of a bit like the start of the A Team.

B A BaClarkuss :lol:

That the Convener maintains his continued ability to expound his view that everything is just fine and that there is no urgency to resolving any of these issues outside the regular meeting schedule, is simply incredible. It reminds me of that other great inspirational leader of our times - Robert Mugabe.

Since when did the SIC become a dictatorship working solely at the whim of it's all knowing great leader.

It is fast becoming a genuine, Grade A, Banana Republic.