Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

That story from the Sun really does take professional journalism to a new low.................there's no mention of the drinking in the office incident, the whole Shannon affair, or his business partners £60k contract windfall :roll:

If you're going to do a character assassination, at least put in some real effort and investigate it properly - no wonder the Sun has a bad name :wink:

As for the timing, anyone would think this was deliberately planned for an Up Helly Aa skit... or two...or more like half a dozen..

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just my humble opinion, but when folk have high flying jobs whether it be here, Holyrood or Westminster the slightest deviation from squeaky clean, or as near as possible the "sins" will eventually end up in the public domain. :x

In either broadsheet or tabloid press the "truth" will out, hence when there are " skeletons in the cupboard" and errors are currently made, the history will be raked up whether the methods are led by jealousy or voyerism or plain nosiness. Hands should not be raised in protest, saying "not me " !!!! :?

These same folk should also not be so arragant as to think that it can all be brushed under the carpet, the ripples on the pool are getting wider and wider.

The worst result of the latest "news" is that once again Shetland's reputation is getting tattier by the day :cry:

Wouldn't it be fine if everyone grew up and became more responsible

and got on with the job in hand and where necessary retire gracefully and go and live in a larger fishbowl than Shetland where it may take longer for errors, mistakes and sins to be found out. :oops:

I wonder how many times the Committee have had to alter the Proclamation?

Seriously, for months now, Dave Clark has irrevocably been tarnishing the reputation of Shetland.

The Sun, I note, is the Scottish Newspaper of the Year?

It is a rag and we are front-page.

Might be time for another 'Holiday'? :mrgreen:

I wonder how many times the Committee have had to alter the Proclamation?.....

I feel that Jonathan's achievement in getting the Sun to print the word 'vainglorious' should not go unrecognised.

I'm sure 99% of regular contributers to this thread will be stunned to see me post this, but I don't for one second believe Wills would be involved in this other than as a potential interviewee over his part in the overall fiasco.

I do not agree with much of the way Will's handled the situation, or his tactics of using the local media while in position of councillor but I do believe, or would like to believe, he has standards.

I only wish Sandy had told them it was old news and all being dealt with, but on reflection, god knows what time they contacted him so good on him for just hanging up and giving them the respect they deserve.

I wonder how many times the Committee have had to alter the Proclamation?.....

I feel that Jonathan's achievement in getting the Sun to print the word 'vainglorious' should not go unrecognised.

It's a great word isn't it?.

Suits him to a T :mrgreen:

I wasn't aiming at Jonathan. And I don't believe for one nanosecond that JW was behind the Sun's involvement. He may have gone a tad over the top at one or two points in this sorry saga, but he didn't create the manifold problems that the Council now faces and his heart seems to me to be in absolutely the right place.

Before David Clark washed up on these shores like the piece of flotsome he has turned out to be, I was of the opinion that we had the worse SIC on record. The past bunch of elected members dumped a really potentially good new Cheif Exec (Nick Riter) for what still appears to be nothing, this lot however have really shown us their crass ineptitude by allowing David Clark to rumble on, dragging Shetland onto the front page of one of the worlds most depraved & nausiating newspapers.

If only half of what we hear & read about in our own local media is correct then that should have been enough to invoke his suspended pending a proper investigation & not by any of the present elected individuals with 1 or 2 exceptions who appear not to know what a vested interest is or what is proper & acceptable behaviour. As things stand at the moment he should be sacked imediatly and the elected members investigated for permitting this man to damage Shetland in such an unacceptable manner.