Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
You're missing the point, lads. This outcome is partly due to your own efforts.

How so?

Or do you mean 'own lack of effort' in that nobody bothered to load a bullet in a gun?

Wise up Brian. Piss off back into your communist hideout. :twisted:

Shetland has been disgraced entirely by the CE, and by anybody who supports him.

And, before you mods get pissed off with me again for speaking out against your precious CE.

I'll make it simple for you. Deleting me is a lot easier and cheaper than deleting a CE. Unless you want to make an offer. :lol:

Coat is on.

You're missing the point, lads. This outcome is partly due to your own efforts.

which bit of his conduct are we responsible for. the drinking the threats of violence or the womanizing lets not forget getting jobs for his mate. sorry your wrong.

of course if your saying he is a poor misunderstood little boy we will listen.

You're right though, the root fault rests with the councillors, for allowing things to go as far as they did, and choosing not to pursue issues and problems with Clark's performance as they arose.

I still say fight it all the way through the courts though, better to pay more when you've given it your best shot and lost, than just meekly hand over ugly sums of cash to someone who did not perform as they were supposed to, just to make them go away. Is the council that gutsless!?!

I suspect they might be, purely to cover their own erses!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Clark should keep the job, it clearly wasn't working, and as you say, what little he did get done all had its gremlins.

I'm looking at the situation purely from a factual/legal/employment point of view. Lets not forget, many of the things said about him have been either alleged (the phone call still sits there) made up/misreported (deleting assistants post without consultation), or irrelevant in employment law terms (his private life).

Yes, many people have heard these for so long they think they are relevant facts, and yes, they may well prove to be, but when you compare that to the indisputable and plentiful public attacks on him especially from Cllr Wills, which completely break the terms of his employment, things don't look too rosey for the SIC being victorious.

That said, it would be good to see them fight it even if they lost, as at least then they would have no choice but accept their part in the farce.

Guest Anonymous
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Ramsie.

And Brian is correct, the bullying and harrasment David Clark mentioned is rife in this thread.

The door won't hit me, I'll hit it as I get ejected.

And no, Brian is not correct, he seldom is with his one line snipes at other posters.

I assume Tomblands that you are a Shetlander. I know Brian is. And, well, to put it simply, I am ashamed to have been born on Shetland if somebody can get away with £1.7m, or even £250k for doing sweet F A, apart from being a bully.

I'm looking at the situation purely from a factual/legal/employment point of view. Lets not forget, many of the things said about him have been either alleged (the phone call still sits there) made up/misreported (deleting assistants post without consultation), or irrelevant in employment law terms (his private life).

Yes, many people have heard these for so long they think they are relevant facts, and yes, they may well prove to be, but when you compare that to the indisputable and plentiful public attacks on him especially from Cllr Wills, which completely break the terms of his employment, things don't look too rosey for the SIC being victorious.

It takes work to keep up with what is fact and what is fiction, on both sides. The biggest problem in apportioning blame, which I alluded to before, lies with the unpursued issues, again in both directions. Much has been raised that should have been, or should be investigated, but so very little of it has.

The question of whether any of Wills' statements crossed lines all fall in to that category. Which, to my mind at least, makes it seem extremely strange that today's meeting was called at a time and at such notice that Wills was unable to attend, and moreso, a request by him to at least listen in to the debate was denied by Cluness.

You would think, and hope, that in the interests of fair play all round, that if Wills actions were in any way considered material to the debate and outcome of the meeting, that every effort should have been made to ensure he was there to explain himself and face up to the responsibilities of his actions. At the very least surely he was entitled to be aware of how his acts were taken by who, and why. Without that, he cannot possibly defend himself if his acts are cited as being partly to blame for the decision taken.

On the face of it, there's almost a temptation to take the situation as being contrived so as to "deal with it" while he was "out of the way".

Guest Anonymous

And Brian is correct, the bullying and harrasment David Clark mentioned is rife in this thread.

Looking through the thread, although not reading everything, I can't see any post which actually states, as Mr Clark claims, discrimination against him for being a non-Shetlander.

There are many posts which deride him for being many other things, but I can't for the life of me see any post which directly attacks him for being of non-Shetland origin.

I stand to be corrected, as usual. So please point them out, or go back to the communist bar for a quick dram or three with BS & DC

Looking through the thread, although not reading everything, I can't see any post which actually states, as Mr Clark claims, discrimination against him for being a non-Shetlander.

There are many posts which deride him for being many other things, but I can't for the life of me see any post which directly attacks him for being of non-Shetland origin.

I stand to be corrected, as usual. So please point them out, or go back to the communist bar for a quick dram or three with BS & DC

There is plenty of bullying and harrasment in this thread, I didn't mention anything to do with racism.

DC does

It is understood Mr Clark had originally been seeking a £1.7 million payout on the grounds that he had been bullied, harassed and subjected to racism because he is not a Shetlander.

funny he looks white British like most on the island. now if he had argued his heavy drinking/sleeping problems and sex addiction were a disability then he could have tried that one.