Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To put it fairly mildly " the councillers are in a world of turd " , sadly I think there is no happy ending to be had on this subject , well for the council and the shetland population anyway .

I almost feel pity for the councillors at the moment , I would certainly not like to be a councillor just now , the atmosphere in the town hall when they have to meet up must be quite horrendous i would imagine , certainly not much laughing and light hearted humour going on ....?

But they are where they are and now that the sharn has hit the fan , its really just a case of seeing how badly the councillors get spattered .

I would think now its a damage limitation exercise , the options are few .and there not going to come out the other side smelling of roses for any scenario

Ok he accepts 250 grand and within 6 months it forgotten by all exept all those folks paying for music lessons etc , etc, etc ... , or there is a lengthly public legal case (perhaps 1 to 2 years) where he either wins and they/ we lose a whole lot more .

Or he loses , but he would still probebly be on full pay for the duration and the council will continue to be in a state of stagnation during the entire process .

Personally I dont see many other plausible scenarios , unless of course he expires during the proceedings and some other family member sues for his passing through the stress of it all .

P.S I would just like to point out that i personally have nothing against this fellow and do not wish him, or any of our other public servants any ill .

The speediest of final conclusions has to be the best case scenario for all parties , because the longer it goes on the more expensive it will get .

If DC went for a straightforward Employment Tribunal matter, then it really wouldn't take very long at all. For starters, if he is alleging bullying, then that comes under Health & Safety and therefore the ET would decide whether or not there was a case to answer. Where's his proof for a Court of law (which an ET is deemed to be)? How many witnesses will he be calling then?

As I've mentioned in a previous post, he can only claim racism/H&S as he has not got full employment rights as he has not been in position for a year or more. It may well be that the ET decided at the prelim stage no case to answer and throw it out.

If, on the other hand, he goes for breach of contract then that is civil/commercial litigation and even then, wouldn't take very long. Again, the Council should have insurance in place (Employers Liability cover). I'd be very interested as to the Insurers' take on all of this - if they have such insurance and have NOT notified their Insurers of the possibility of a claim, then they are in breach of their insurance. Mmm, I might call up one of my councillors tomorrow to see if Insurers are involved.

Whilst I don't wish to see this drag on, it may actually be worth deferring for say a month to see what, if any, action the Police take. Now if those allegations were to be proven, then it would bring into doubt his credibility as a witness in any ET proceedings.

£250k? They having a blooming laugh, albeit at Shetland's Council Tax payers' expense (unless, of course, Insurers are forking out).

If the Councillors agree on our behalf to pay Mr Clark £250,000 when there is a police investigation underway and other formal complaints still to reach a conclusion, I do hope that they have very good reason to do so.

Further, I trust that they will share this reason with us and not simply issue the standard statement under these circumstances to the effect that measures have been put in place to prevent any recurrence.

Finally, I hope they do not understimate the strength of local feeling on this subject and will individually think long and hard prior to confirming this decision.

I have an idea for an online soap called Shetlinkers.

Obviouslythere can’t be any scope for thrilling rooftop chases, or tragic falls to earth. This is the ‘new media’. But there’s plenty of opportunity for the introsopective.

The narrator is an old fellow who is obsessed with the Russian revolution. It comes up in everything he says.

The Shetlinkers, meanwhile, are fixated with a figure of authority whom none of them has ever seen. Their only knowledge of him is derived from the media and rumour. But that doesn’t stop them! They create fantasies about him, night by night.

The main commentator is a chap whom I imagine like Horace in The Broons, a ghostly sort of chap. He lays down the law.

Another, rather like Dot Cotton in Eastenders, is concerned about ‘womanising’, and other targets of the 1950s.

It's great drama - and it's on every night ..,.

Obviouslythere can’t be any scope for thrilling rooftop chases, or tragic falls to earth. This is the ‘new media’. But there’s plenty of opportunity for the introsopective.

etc.......etc......etc....

Why would we need a Shetlinkers "soap opera" when we have a one going on in real life with the Council,the Chief Executive,Lawyers,Mistresses,The Police,the Gutter Press etc. etc. etc.......

All we need now is a murder and then we can have a whodunnit as well. :wink:

New media is a term meant to encompass the emergence of digital, computerized, or networked information and communication technologies in the later part of the 20th century.

Not taken to mean or otherwise implied as:

The news media refers to the section of the mass media that focuses on presenting current news to the public. These include print media (newspapers, magazines); broadcast media (radio stations, television stations, television networks), and increasingly Internet-based media (World Wide Web pages, weblogs).

.... i.e. traditional points of Shetland 'news' dissemination.

Why aaa thank youuuu.

The narrator is an old fellow who is obsessed with the Russian revolution. It comes up in everything he says.

The Shetlinkers, meanwhile, are fixated with a figure of authority whom none of them has ever seen. Their only knowledge of him is derived from the media and rumour. But that doesn’t stop them! They create fantasies about him, night by night.

The main commentator is a chap whom I imagine like Horace in The Broons, a ghostly sort of chap. He lays down the law.

Another, rather like Dot Cotton in Eastenders, is concerned about ‘womanising’, and other targets of the 1950s.

It's great drama - and it's on every night ..,.

and it looks as if the activist.. oops, the archivist watched Eastenders along with most of us.

Brian, you are determined to stir the pot, but what and how you write just goes to prove that you have the makings of a first-class (** mod edit ** - keep this clean!! You know better!).

:mrgreen:

All we need now is a murder and then we can have a whodunnit as well. :wink:

Good havens Greenfingers are you volunteering for this?.

Because that’s a new one. Volunteered to Death

I have heard of the following.

Shot to death

Knifed to death

Beating to death

Ect

But volunteered that’s a whole new technique

... but what and how you write just goes to prove that you have the makings of a first-class (** mod edit **).

:roll:

An opinion on which I disagree completely. I must assume you are not familiar with his published works. If I had to name the most talented wordsmiths in Shetland, Brian and (ironically) Jonathan would be the first two to come to mind.

On the other hand, from your writings one is led to believe that you think that feeling up nurses is such a laugh. No contest.

If , and I mean "IF" this payoff to DC goes through then whoever was involved in his selection (we know who some of therm are ) should be made to follow him on the way out of the door , maybe they could forfeit their wages from the past year to "help him on his way" . It's an utter travesty that DC should be given a brass farthing to go , in fact maybe he should be paying Shetland back some of the money he has taken during all his unearned leave , by my reckoning we're in credit.

What a disgusting shambles it's all turned out to be , those involved should hang their heads in shame....................... :evil: