Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... But, unlike Shetland, Norway welcomes incomers. ...

As an incomer to Shetland, can't say that has been my experience.

Whether incomer or indigenous, people should be judged on their actions. All the people that have been involved will, I trust, be able to have their say at the public enquiry.

you find what the council has been up to as acceptable. glad you find it so boring. hang on a mo when the cuts start big time the archives must be looked at maybe we only need to open the odd day. if they mess up the running of the council don't think your safe.

remember every penny spent on garden leave.lawyers, payments to ex staff has to come from somewhere. YOUr SOMEWHERE.

It's been said. Everything has been said.

Absolutely no amount of regurgitation of this topic on Shetlink is going to make a slightest difference to the facts, or what has happened.

To maybe make a point here about somebody like DC.

He's never been a popular person in Shetland, and neither am I, because I tend to stick up for the underdog, which DC is. The only thing wrong with the guy is that he made the mistake of coming to Shetland. Whereas I made the sensible decision to leave the place.

Part of my reason for feeling a bit of empathy for the guy is that he has moved to Shetland, found a new partner, and is enjoying his life, even if he has 250k of public money in his pocket.

Moving to a new life, with a new partner, is something I know all about. But, unlike Shetland, Norway welcomes incomers.

Lord knows, I'm so happy to be in Norway. :D

C'mon, I think you have been totally blinded - maybe by their jumpers?

[quote name="icepick239To maybe make a point here about somebody like DC.

He's never been a popular person in Shetland' date=' and neither am I, because I tend to stick up for the underdog, which DC is. The only thing wrong with the guy is that he made the mistake of coming to Shetland. Whereas I made the sensible decision to leave the place.

Part of my reason for feeling a bit of empathy for the guy is that he has moved to Shetland, found a new partner, and is enjoying his life, even if he has 250k of public money in his pocket.

Moving to a new life, with a new partner, is something I know all about. But, unlike Shetland, Norway welcomes incomers.

Lord knows, I'm so happy to be in Norway. :D

C'mon, I think you have been totally blinded - maybe by their jumpers?

Here, Here......... Shetland wants all the benefits from being part of Scotland but wishes to rule herself and according to her own rules. Shetland wants to accept the benefits of tourism but not entirely welcome tourists. Shetland wants it's young to remain in Shetland and wants to keep everything that is not Shetland out, however it's young mainly escape asap to civilisation and Shetland requires the skills, intellect and wisdom of outsiders.

Shetland wants all the benefits from being part of Scotland but wishes to rule herself and according to her own rules. Shetland wants to accept the benefits of tourism but not entirely welcome tourists. Shetland wants it's young to remain in Shetland and wants to keep everything that is not Shetland out, however it's young mainly escape asap to civilisation and Shetland requires the skills, intellect and wisdom of outsiders.

Shetland is a group of islands in the north sea; it is my understanding that land masses have no opinion on the issues you raise. If you mean the people...

1 - Do we have a sufficient number of instances to draw a conclusion?

2 - Is the breadth of the conclusion drawn supported by the evidence?

3 - Are the terms of the conclusion consistent with the terms of the evidence?

Fallacies may result if any of these questions can be answered in the negative.

[quote="KOYAANISQATSI

Shetland is a group of islands in the north sea; it is my understanding that land masses have no opinion on the issues you raise. If you mean the people...

^^^^^^So Shetland has one smart ass at least^^^^^^

Shame the others have escaped to civilisation and the brains of the soothstanders are required to sustain these islands

Thanks gavva for getting the correct name to the person you were quoting this time; if you put an extra "] on the end of the persons name, you will also get a little white box to place the quoted post in.

So Shetland has one smart ass at least

And thanks for noting my fashionable and elegant bottom, however this doesn't really answer my question.